Martantz M-CR610 - Help!

Kinetic

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently bought the CR610 and have it hooked up with a pair of Dali Zensor 3's. I am quite annoyed at the clarity of the voice when listening to TV/Movies... Music and background noises appear to sound fine but i sometimes struggle to pick up on voices or low level noises...

Does anyone have any experience with this? I was initially tempted to get the PM6005 and wondering if i made a mistake....

Help!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I frequently use my M-CR603 (connected to TV with optical) for sound from TV and BDP and Humax PVR. I've never experienced what you are describing.

Is your TV/Blu-ray connected to your Marantz with optical or analogue?

If analogue connection, does your TV have sound settings for 'voice', 'music', 'gaming' or whatever? Try playing with those. (I think those settings only affect analogue output.)

What are other voice/speech sources like? Try a radio drama from Radio 4 (FM or iPlayer) for instance and see what such content sounds like in comparison.

Do you have DBB (Dynamic Bass Boost) set on your Marantz? If so, I would advise switching it out and leaving it out. A little tweak on bass or treble is one thing, but DBB is only intended for use at the very lowest volumes and I would advise forgetting it's even there :)

If DBB is engaged, then press the 'DBB / Tone' button on the remote and then toggle to 'Source Direct' using the ^ v buttons. (The ^ v buttons above and below the 'Enter / Memo' button just to be clear.)

kefrdm2

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had the speakers? They would need at least 8-12 hours to run in and get the best out of them Also what tv do you have as some will alter the eq on the optical out and also have a speech mode which might be worth checking?

Kinetic

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The TV is connected via optical cable to the Marantz (TV is a Samsung UE50F6400) and there are no other options on the TV for audio output when i select audio external speakers for the audio output (other than audio format which is set to PCM and the audio delay).

I have tried internet radio via the Marantz and it sounds good, no problems with it (other than I discovered you can crash the box via the http interface, nevermind that though). But when I play movies via the TV voices are overwhelmed by other sounds.

I have the Marantz setup for direct source and the dynamic bass is turned off, I also tried turning down the treble and the bass to help with some movie clarity.

Also - I've had the speakers for about 3 weeks now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts