Marantz SR7010 TV Audio issue

TV - Samsung UE55JS8500

Reciever - Marantz SR7010

When playing audio from the TV through the receiver the sound drops on changing channels or pausing amazon prime. If I change channel by typing in the channel number it's fine but if I use the channel up/down it drops. If I then change the source briefly (i.e. swithch to blu-ray then back to TV) the sound comes back again. I can happily pause blu-rays and DVD's but sound from the TV source drops. I've only had the SR7010 for a month as an upgrade from a sony DN1040 and I never had this problem with the sony.

Cables are all the same and switching them around makes no difference, ARC is enabled, I've isolated TV audio to be through Monitor 1 (the ARC HDMI), HDMI control is on......nothing seems to make any difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Check the audio settings.

I'm not in front of my 7010 right now, but there's a feature which is supposed to equalise volumes across different inputs. Check it's set to "on" or whatever and see if that helps. If it doesn't, try turing it "off".

TBH I don't use my 7010 for watching terrestrial telly at all, but I havent had this problem with my Amazon Fire box and / or my BDP and / or HTPC inputs.

Thanks Benedict_Arnorld,

There's a source level option but but both the Analogu Inputs and Digital Inputs adjustment settings are greyed out. Ive been doing a bit more playing and I think it must be something to do with the ARC setup. If I watch Amazon Prime through my Blu-Ray player it works perfectly but anything through the TV-AV Arc path seems to have issues.