Marantz sr 7005 s/hand purchase problems

PaulX101

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi is there any 7005 owners out there that can help me out please, I have been trying all day to figure it out but i am getting nowhere.

Purchased this on ebay, it came with no remote,no set up mic, and no instructions.I have downloaded the manual, awaiting a set up mic from ebay & a harmony remote arriving tomorrow.

Anyway wired up the speakers (5.1), plugged in HDMI lead from HDMI 3 (Arc) on a Samsung MU 6500 TV to HDMI 1(arc) on the back of the SR7005

And then plugged another HDMI from Pioneer Blu Ray into the Blu Ray input on back of the SR7005.

Selected HDMI 3 source on TV & selected BLU RAY on SR7005, pressed play on Blu Ray and nothing (Tv says No Source, check connections etc)

connections appear to be secure. If I select TV on the Amp i get the Marantz Logo on the TV and can access the menu using the menu button under the flap)

If anyone can help I would be greatfull, I only have a limited period to return amp if its faulty & I had to spend an extra £100 for the set up mic , and harmony remote so am hoping I am the only faulty part of the problem

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Apart from the obvious like trying a different HDMI cable and doing a master reset on the AVR, and/or that you've simply been conned into buying a duff unit, it could simply be that the 7005 is too old and does not support the latest codecs. Your receiver came out in 2010, which is positively antique given the rapid changes in codecs made between then and now, and still not fully settled down either BTW.

See if there are settings on your TV and/or BDP/DVDP you can play with to "downgrade" the output, or you could try a firmware update but if any of those don't work you've bought the equivalent of a leaded petrol only car in an unleaded world.

Sorry.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
We probably have to wait till you get the remote, to be able to access the various settings on the marantz.

When you pressed play on the Blu-ray, though the TV showed no source , did you get any audio out of the speakers. If you did get audio out, then it could be a hand shake problem between the TV and the avr.

Once you get the remote, please go into the settings on the avr, and enable 'hdmi control'. If this doesn't help. Then check if your Blu ray player has 2 HDMI outs. In which case you can plug one directly into the TV, and the other one into the marantz. This is of course provided you are getting audio out of the marantz so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts