Marantz SR 5003

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully I will be demo'ing the SR6003 in the New Year, what is the performance like in comparison to say Denon 2309/2809, Yamaha RXV1900 or Onkyo 876/906?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I can't comment on the Denon as we dont stock it but the SR5003 will sit below the RXV1900 and the Onkyo units. The SR6003 is more likely competition for these models.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I've got a SR5003 and I must say that is a really nice amp. I cant really say how it is in comparison with the Yamaha.

I've just conected a BDP S350 Blueray player from Sony to it yesterday. It is just brilliant. Decodes Master Audio track and True HD en sent the video right to my Sony 40W4000 TV in 24Hz 1080P.

I've posted about the amp on the forum below.

http://whathifi.com/forums/t/171838.aspx

Pictures

If you have got some question I'd be happie to answer them.

Greetings

independent

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
KuDo:
Hello,

I've got a SR5003 and I must say that is a really nice amp. I cant really say how it is in comparison with the Yamaha.

I've just conected a BDP S350 Blueray player from Sony to it yesterday. It is just brilliant. Decodes Master Audio track and True HD en sent the video right to my Sony 40W4000 TV in 24Hz 1080P.

I've posted about the amp on the forum below.

http://whathifi.com/forums/t/171838.aspx

Pictures

If you have got some question I'd be happie to answer them.

Greetings

Hi what speakers are you running them with?

Are there any lip sync issues?

Are there any heat issues with this avr?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Dear,

I've noticed you're an owner of the marantz SR5003 and I'm considering purchasing it myself. Also the Denon AVR1909 looks nice, but I've read in an article that it runs rather hot, not as hot as the onkyo's though. Can you inform me how the SR5003 does in that area. It sounds maybe trivial, but my purchase greatly will depend on the heat development of the unit. Another issue is if the marantz passess the video signal untouched through HDMI? The Yamaha's tend to clip the RGB signal (no deeper blacks than 16,...)?

Thanks and kind regards,

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Hello Daniel I'm an owner of the 5003 and I can say the sound is very good. In and Article I could read it runs colder than the sony 2400ES if it can help you. About the hdmi treatment my sensation is a little lost of black levels but really I'm not sure if it is a subjetive perception . I've put an item in the forum and Iïm waiting an answer , this is the link if it can help you:

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/248879.aspx

Kind regards

A

Anonymous

Hello sprfrank,

Thanks for your reply. I'm seriously considering purchasing the marantz now, together with the 5.1 speaker set from Canton (movie 150QX). Do you think they will be suitable? About your 'darker images' issue. Have you tried changing the AV-settings in your PS3. There are some tuning-possibilities, like the RGB limited or full range, the super white, etc... Maybe tweaking them will approve you on screen details. Personnaly, I do not think that the image quality changes when passed through by the AV-receiver, and normaly there would be no signal quality loss due to the cable (HDMI-), unless its more than 10 m of lenght.
Another thing, because I own also a panasonic plasma screen (TH42PV700), do you use the same HDMI input with the AV-receiver as when you input your PS3 directly to the TV? For instance when connecting the PS3 to TV: HDMI 1 and when you use the AV-receiver in between: HDMI 2. In the beginning you changed the screen setting on your plasma with the PS3 hooked up for the best picture, not? The TV remembers that, but the other HDMI inputs are still on default setting, so when you connect the AV-receiver to another HDMI input, you should change the setting on the TV again. Maybe I'm fishing, but that could account for the less clear picture???

Thanks again and kind regards

A

Anonymous

Thank you for you advise DJanssen , I reviewed the parameters of the PS3 a few days ago and the quality of the image is now OK. The sound quality of the Marantz is really good and the specifications are better (for my use) than the Denon's (and better sound) and Yamaha 863 (similar sound gathering some articles and the forum). I have been viewing a group test and the Marantz won to the Sony 2400 so I agree your decision.

I really don't know if the speakers you said match the Marantz, I only have to say that I consider the Marantz have a balanced sound so it is easy to match, the best option is get an auditioning of your set up before buying, but if you can't is better to assure you can return the speakers.

Kind regards

A

Anonymous

Thank You,

We've ordered the SR5003 and Canton speakers. In anticipation, I'm reading a lot of reviews and manuals. Still...I have a question regarding the Audyssee Multi EQ set-up. One can apparently do the set-up automatically or manually. If the auto-setup is finished and you check the calculated settings, is it possible if necessary to still change the speaker size and crossover frequencies afterwards, without loosing the auto calculated settings from Audyssee multi EQ? I'm asking because maybe the A/V receiver sets the speaker on auto (large? small?) and the the Xover frequency on auto, but I want them to be small and at 80Hz. I don't want my speakers to output low frequencies, even if they can (hence small and 80Hz). Just to have a homogenuous audio experience and anyway, the subwoofer is there for the low frequencies and LFE, not? I could do the calibration manually, but I don't have a dB SPL meter.

Kind regards

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Hello Djanssen, you can change all the parameters after an automatic tunning. I use to change the type of speaker and the volume of the center speaker.Have you seen the input set up array? , is very powerfull and I think is very usefull .

Kind Regards

Frank (From Spain)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts