Marantz SR 5003: Home Cinema Video Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello forum:

After a lot of considerations, a lot of auditioning sessions and thanks to the forum help, I finally bought my home cinema: B&W 685 Home Theatre Speakers, Marantz SR 5003 AV receiver and Supra PLY 3.4 (L-R Biamp) + Supra Classic 2.5 cables for the surrounds.

I’m very happy with the system and the SQ with movies and music is excellent (only a little less excellent with classical music but good enough).

I only have an issue with this system: the image looks a bit darker and with a little lost of bright and black detail compared if I connect blueray o DVD directly to TV. Is very little but I can see it on darker scenes.

Is it normal because of the lost produced by the need of connecting two different wires or is my AV Receiver that not manage in a suitable way the video signal? Is the only solution to connect the video to TV directly and use specific audio wires to connect to the receiver or are there other solutions?

I use PS3 for blueray and a Philips DVD DVP-5980. The HDMI cables are Van Del Hul flat for the AV-receiver /TV and for PS3 /Av-Receiver. Tech-Link for DVD/ AV-receiver.

Thanks for you help forum. If I could help you (forum) in anyway I would be very happy to do. Best regards.

A

Anonymous

Anybody can help me please? An aditional information: My TV is a Panasonic TH37PX80
emotion-5.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi spfrank,

Can't help with your question, but was wondering how the marantz sr5003 was? Can I ask what amps you compared it with?

Currently I have a Yamaha DSP 863SE to demo on Thursday, but want to hear the SR5003, and SR6003 before purchasing one. I'm looking for an amp that is good with both movies and music, and I think I have 3 good contenders on that list?

Did you hear either before buying the 5003?.......any info would be very useful....

A

Anonymous

Hello Pisto Pete 1:

I could get an auditioning of a Denon 1909 but the setup was bad configured and the sound wasnït very good . In Spain is dificult to get auditioning of Yamahas av receivers like the tested by WHF.

I choose the 5003 by the sound: I liked in stereo and with movies. In group test I found in internet in one the 5003 obtained a very best evaluation than a Sony 2400 and a Pioneer. . In other it was evaluated e bit better than a Yamaha (8XX) for movies and in a similar way for stereo performance.

LINKS DELETED for house rules violation.

A

Anonymous

Hello Pete: 5003 won the test group, you can find it in test seek.

Bye

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Honestly hard to say if the amp is having any effect, but as suggested in another thread with a similar question, it could be down to the extra length of HDMI cable required to go from component to amp to TV as opposed to just TV.

Now I'm going to hide before someone arrives to tell you this is impossible...
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS