marantz/rega

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I am new to the world of seperates hi fi and would definetely not consider myself as a hardcore audiophile,but i do love my music and appreciate fine sounds. i have been doing some research via the what hi fi magazine and web on making my first purchase of a cd player, amp and shelf speakers. Today i demoed the rega appollo coupled up with the rega brio along with b & w 686. as my budget is around £1000 + connectors and stands, this ticked all the boxes and sounded fantastic. as spare time is vey scarce these days due to 7 week old baby i am not having much time to demo other products.After reading the reviews in what hi fi, i am tempted by the marantz cd 6003 and the pm 6003 along with the arcaydis dm1 or possibly the b & w 685, please advise as any opinions on this subject will help me out no end.

T

the record spot

Think you can pick up the Marantz pair with Wharfedale 10.1s from Richer SOunds for £600, flog the Wharfeys if you don't like them and use the £100 or whatever you get for them to pay part of the Arcs or EB Acoustics...reckon the Marantz pair would go very well with Q Acoustics speakers too, so don't forget to read up on those.

TRENDING THREADS