Marantz PM8004/SA8004 UK Release & Other Marantz Products

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, just been looking at the Marantz US site and seen both of the above items on their website. Just wanted to check as to whether the above models are due to be released here in the UK soon ?

I am aware that Marantz have launched the Pearl Lite Amp/CD Player and I'm wondering if these are basically the PM8004/SA8004.

Also to the WhatHiFi team, will any reviews be done soon of the PM7004/SR7005/Pearl Lites please ? Would be great to see a comparison of say the PM7004/SR7005 in terms of musical ability.

From what I've read so far on the web, the Marantz Receivers seem to be very good with both music and home cinema.

Again, I have been auditioning more and more equipment. So far I have concluded that I like both the Marantz/Roksan sound. Also, the B&W CM range sounds much better to my ears than the 600 Series.

Any help is much appreciated.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I really doubt if the PM8004 is same as Pearl Lite. Though you might be knowing already, but please keep in mind that the Output Power rating is not everything to make two products identical. I used to have a PM7003 @70WPC which goes much louder & Cleaner than the Denon AVR - 2310 @110WPC (I know it is not a fair comparison but to prove a point how the Power ratings are so over rated some times)

Pearl Lite is what I heard few times and it is very very good especially the combo.

CM7, I used to have and I tried with PM7003 but they do not go well together. I upgraded from 600 series to CM series in HT modes and it was a lot of improvement. However, in my recent auditioning, I realized that the high frequency range of CM series is too prominent and is not as nuetral as I would want them to be. Currently looking at 805 or DynAudio range.

I have no direct usage experience with PM7004 / SR7005 but here is my general observation

AVRs are in general not as fast or as musical as Stereo Amps

Current crops of AVRs especially the Marantz SR6003 (I am quoting this as I have tried this, but would expect the same for other SR series) is very musical and should suffice who wants 30% music and 70% movies. If Music is on priority none of the AV Amps I tried are enough except the ARCAM AVR 600 which is quite musical though it is an AVR.

Denon < Marantz < Arcam in AVR Musical performance - My observation (I tried only Denon AVR 1910, 2310, 3310, 4310, Marartz SR 6003 and Arcam AVR 500 / 600)

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi WishTree, many thanks for your reply. I can't wait to hear the Pear Lites now ! Just got to found a dealer within the Leeds area that has them so I can arrange a demo.

One feature that has been added to the SA8004/ Pearl Lite CD Player is a Type B USB Input which allows direct connection of a PC. I can then listen to music on my PC through the Marantz using the CD Players DAC and I'm sure it will sound superb !

I'm wondering though if Marantz will be releasing a matching cd player for the PM7004, eg SA7004 which will also have a Type B USB Input ?

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, just wanted to say thanks to the whathifi team for their recent review of the Marantz KI Pearl Lite Amp. http://whathifi.com/Review/Marantz-PM-KI-Pearl-Lite/

Having read the review, it definitely is still an option. It's also good to hear that there has been a price drop of £100.00 already.

Just wanted to ask please if a review will be done soon of the matching Pearl Lite CD Player, PM7004 & SR7005.

I've also read on another forum, that the PM8004 & SA8004 will not be available in Europe as the specs are very similar to the Pearl Lite's. Not sure if this is true or not ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The SA-KI Pearl Lite was also tested in the December issue, which is still just about on sale - January issue hits the shops this week. It was in a group test with players from Audiolab, Cyrus and Roksan - the test should be online fairly soon, once the next issue is on sale.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts