Marantz PM7200 Buzz Sound(Like a radio during tuning)

podknocker

Sounds like a dirty volume control, although odd that you hear it at zero volume.

Even so, try to get some electrical contact cleaner and clean inside and around the volume control.

IF it's out of warranty, then there's no harm in opening the unit and cleaning it.

I had a noisy volume control on a Quad Vena 2 but sadly , the ALPS motorised pot was a sealed unit, so would need sending off for repair. I ending up giving the amp away.

The contacts inside these things can pick up dirt and they do oxidise quite quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Sounds like a dirty volume control, although odd that you hear it at zero volume.

Even so, try to get some electrical contact cleaner and clean inside and around the volume control.

IF it's out of warranty, then there's no harm in opening the unit and cleaning it.

I had a noisy volume control on a Quad Vena 2 but sadly , the ALPS motorised pot was a sealed unit, so would need sending off for repair. I ending up giving the amp away.

The contacts inside these things can pick up dirt and they do oxidise quite quickly.
Yes I agree, had this on two amps, cleaning only helps for awhile as it's contact wear not necessarily off over use

TRENDING THREADS