Marantz PM6005 and Heco Interior 120s 4 Ohm Speakers

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Can I have some advice please. I have found in my loft an old pair of Heco Interior 120s 4 Ohm speakers that I have had since the 1980s and I was wondering if they would be okay to use with the Marantz PM 6005? They are still in good working order but will the impedance be an issue?

I was going to give them to a friend of mine but I don't want to blow his amp. *sad*

D

Deleted member 108165

AntAxon said:
Can I have some advice please. I have found in my loft an old pair of Heco Interior 120s 4 Ohm speakers that I have had since the 1980s and I was wondering if they would be okay to use with the Marantz PM 6005? They are still in good working order but will the impedance be an issue?

I was going to give them to a friend of mine but I don't want to blow his amp. *sad*

Don't know anything about the actual speakers specs but looking at the PM6005 user manual it says it can handle speakers in the 4-16 Ohm range.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
DougK said:
AntAxon said:

Don't know anything about the actual speakers specs but looking at the PM6005 user manual it says it can handle speakers in the 4-16 Ohm range.

Thanks for your help Doug. I thought that was the case but it is nice to have it confirmed. My friend would not be happy with me if he had black smoke coming out of his amp.

D

Deleted member 108165

The amp will undoubtedly get a little warmer driving the 4 Ohm load compared to 8 Ohm so don't drive them too hard. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Marantz kit has a very sensitive protection mode circuit so if it trips out then you're asking too much of it. Reset is dependent on what has caused it: For heat switch-off at the mains wait an hour then reconnect with the volume turned down. Owners manual has full troubleshooting menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts