Marantz PM6004 amp with Marantz CD6004

mc500

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone heard the Marantz PM6004 amp with Marantz CD6004? I just bought the amp and wondered what is a good CD player to partner it with. Am I better going with the CD6004 or something like the Audiolab 8200CD?

I am currently using a Rotel RCD 9658X which I understand was good in its day, about 20 years ago! I am using Linn Inde II speakers.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

mc500

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone,

Nothing wrong with the Rotel at all, just thinking has CD technology moved on in the past 20 years and can I get a better sound?

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
It's still very highly regarded in these parts despite the age. I almost went for one on Ebay to try it as a replacement for my KI

A

Anonymous

Don't even think about taking the CD6004, marvellous pair for the money, already tried the USB port with some WAV files, I'm truly amazed, take it and enjoy it...

cheers,

k.

A

Anonymous

The CD-6004, worth lot more than what you pay for.

I have the CD - 6004, PM 6004 and focal labs chorus 806V.

Love it!!

A

Anonymous

Hi MC500,

Does this mean that your Rotel is for sale?

Cheers

Mark

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody, very new to all this but I hope someone can give me some advice. I heard good things about the Marantz CD6004 when researching a cd player that I could connect to my Fatman I tube valve dock carbon edition. Is this something I could do?

Thanks very much

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Will the CD7004 play ALAC,FLAC,etc via USB? I was thinking about pro's and cons compared to using say M Dac or the MF M1 dac with my old MF X series CDT?

A

Anonymous

Took delivery of the two along with Monitor Bronze BX2s. It sounds great, be it Betthoven's 9th or Jimi Hendrix, but I have had difficulty connecting the speaker wires to the back of the amp. I am usiing mains lighting cable and it is too stiff/ hard for the holding lugs. I will get some Adioquest SLiP 14/4 which I assume will be flexable. Has anybody else had prombems with connecting and will the Audioquest do the trick?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts