Marantz PM6003 or Azur 540A?

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an Azur for real cheap and think I 'upgrade' (<--- assumption) to a PM6003 without losing money.

I listen to rock, metal, progessive mogwai stuff etc etc.
What do we think?

:cheers:

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have: Cambridge Audio S70 speakers & Cambridge Audio azur 540A amplifier connected via phono to an M-Audio Fast Track USB external sound card, which is connected via USB to my computer. I would say that my amplifier and speakers are sufficiently 'warn-in', and I am using high-quality cables. The 'sample rate and bit depth' properties for the driver, on my computer, are set to the highest settings - '2 channel, 24bit, 44100 Hz (Studio quality)'. For practical reasons, I play most of my music through Spotify Unlimited, which streams (having emailed Spotify for official reports) "99.9%" of their music "at [and not just 'up to'] 320kbps", mp3. I understand that these files are compressed and will be of a lower quality than CD's for example. My speakers are located about 3-4ft apart from each other, at a slight inward angle. I am sat just 1-2ft in front of my speakers, and my reciever is located directly in front of my, under my computer monitor. My room is small-to-average.

http://i41.tinypic.com/33w30h3.jpg

To put things into some context, I bought the Azur 540a with 340C for £120. They had been used only once and only with headphones.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
personaly I would centralize the amp on the desk and place some bookshelf or nearfield monitors either side of it . which are slightly tilted upwards and inwards towards your ears. this will give you an improvement of sound quality that no change in anplifier will ever match.

So there it is, I recommend a new pair of bookshelf speakers. how much budget do you have.?

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought standing speakers so that when I move out one day soon, I can have a nice rig infront of the TV. I might be able to get hold of an adjustable chair and move myself down a bit.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
:)
Willferox said:
I bought standing speakers so that when I move out one day soon, I can have a nice rig infront of the TV. I might be able to get hold of an adjustable chair and move myself down a bit.

ok, if you are happy thats all that matters! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts