Marantz PM6002

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading recent review of Marantz PM6002, I am considering to change my existing NAD C325BEE to Marantz. The rest of my setup include Marantz CD6002 and MA Bronze BR2. Please comment would that be a wise decision?

John Duncan

To me, you're not spending enough more to justify it - you're proposing buying a similarly-priced amp (give or take 50 quid), and with the amount you'll end up losing on the NAD, you'll end up spending a couple hundred for nothing (much). Spend it on CDs
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thank you John. My case is one of my friend would like to have my NAD and thus I can add little money in order to replace it with Marantz. I was thinking using kids from the same company can have a better match especially in such case both the CD and AMP will be come from the same series.

John Duncan

I have found this in some circumstances, yes (Rega is the best example I can think of), but not always. I'm sure the Marantz is a great amp, and if you have a good home for the NAD and can help your friend out, then fine - but I wouldn't expect much more than a subtle improvement.

A

Anonymous

John, thanks for your advice again. I go to the showroom and have a comparison between NAD and Marantz today. The performance of two AMPs are very close indeed. Marantz have a bit more refinements on the soundstage and overeall tonal control. I will properly settle the NAD and bring Marantz to home very soon. : )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts