Marantz PM6002 VS Cambridge Audio 640A V2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which one would be better guys?? I have cambridge audio 640 V2 cd player but I don't know which one of those two sounds better. Marantz got 5 stars CA 4 stars but CA is 100 pound more exoensive for some reason. Please help. Does anyone own any of them? They will be connected to dali ikon 6's floorstanders

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard either, although I own a Marantz PM7200 amp which I think is great. It is a couple of generations behind the PM6200.

I think that the only place you can audition both amps is Richer Sounds. They have offered me sale or return in the past, where I can listen at home and return for refund if not happy. I am not sure if they still do this, or indeed if it was a local approach. Ask them because they always seem friendly, irrespective of branch.

Whether buying £250 amp or £2500 amp, I would always recommend listening at home over weekend. This way you can decide at your own pace, and match with your actual gear and to your actual room. The size and shape of room can make a massive difference.

I have never heard a Cambridge amp, but posts here suggested to me a lean clear sound. My Marantz is detailed and bassy, traits I like. If the PM6002 is like the PM7200, I would be really happy with it.

I also have the Marantz CD6002 and think this is really great with a Marantz amp. This does me wonder if the Cambridge Audio CD might be tuned to work with the CA amp. This is all speculation and theory - try at home if you can....it is the only way to make up your own mind.

A

Anonymous

Listen to them yourself and decide. Nothing beats an audition and your ears are your best judge of your musical preference.

A

Anonymous

I own PM 6002, it's a very good amp for the money, though I can't tell you whether it's a good match to Dalis.

Mine is connected to a Marantz cd 67 MkII and a pair of B&W DM 602 S2's. Sound is good: detailed and open, but not too bright or lean. Slight roll-off in the mid highs, which helps making of the 6002 a forgiving amp, not an aggressive one.

Never listened to that Cambridge Audio; I suppose CA electronics tends sometimes to be a bit bright, so I think you should carefully audition it.

As usual, listening with your ears it's the best way to decide.
emotion-29.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts