Marantz PM6002 + Dali Lektor 1 or Lektor2??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, 

I am a first-time Hi-Fi buyer. After spending massive hours on digging into this forum and internet, I decided to go with Marantz PM6002, but still not sure about the speakers between Lektor 1 and Lektor 2. I am indifferent to the price, just the quality of sound matters. have read that Lektor 1 has a weakness in its bass and Lektor 2 has in thin treble sound, but I don't know which one I have to choose. What is your opinion about this? 

Initially, I'd like to go ahead with fatman valve + Lektor1 as 90% of my audio sources are iPod, but I don't think fatman has enough power for Lektor. The review on fatman here was good, but the strech it can reach when it meets better speakers was a queation to me. 

Thank you in advance...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Who told you the Lektor 2 was thin in the treble?

I heard both back to back at the Bristol Show, the 2 has more bass, but I also felt it had a more open soundstage, there was more depth and width to the music. but the 1 certainly wasn't bad, especially for the size and price, very impressive.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Definitely go for the Lektor 2. The Lektor 1 is very good but the Lektor 2 sounds even better, not only because there's more bass
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, the_lhc and Cypher. Fyi, the review on Lektor 2 is from WHF Group Test, April 2009 - "against:treble sounds thin compared with the class-ledears; lack outright scale". The one of the class-leaders mentioned here is B&W 685s with a balance and dynamism.ÿ

My budget for speaker is ~GBP300.ÿjust found that Mezz2 is justÿGBP297 on superfi. Lektor2 vs Mezzo2, what's better?

Also, what i-pod dock matches well? I have i-pod touch and don't want to spend more than 70 quids for that.

ÿÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hey bacobam

I know this thread is old but i have the marantz pm6002 paired with the Lektor 2's and its fantastic. The treble does not sound thin by any strech. I would defently go with the Lektor 2's over the 1's as they have a much nicer bass and presence. I tryed the B&W 686's and prefered the Lektor's by miles. I haven't heard the Mezzo 2's so cannot help you there.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, ÿStevie. I also finally got down to Lektor 2 after auditioning Lektor2, Mezzo2 and 685 on the same day. Mezzo 2 sounded a bit mellow to me and had less details in midrange than Lektor2. I prefer the bright and clear sound of Lektor 2 although the bass was somewhat lighter than Mezzo2. The famous B&W 685 was in the middle of Mezzo2 and Lektor2 in terms of brightness, but it's not in the market until June. Lektor 2 has awesome sound really.... Also, I bought ROTEL RA-04, but it didn't arrive yet. Can't wait to hear the match of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts