Marantz pm6002 cd6001 and MA BR5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering, any thoughts on the above combination. Would this work well in a 4x7 m room? or would the BR5 be better suited to a bigger amp? any thoughts on possible options. mostly listen to funk and jazz. But like my sound to be room filling but not @ high levels

Thanks

Jazz

A

Anonymous

Funk and Jazz. May I suggest you to audition Dali IKON 2? Once you have, probably you'll buy them there and then. And PM6002 would be sufficient for it.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I think you'd be better suited to the M/A RS6 speakers rather then the BR5's.

The RS6's are more refined and will give you a better soundstage compared to the BR5s.

As for the amp snd CDP combo, i'm not sure on them. They may have very good reviews but i just dont like the sound of Marantz. Having listened to the PM6002 with some B&W and Monitor Audio speakers, i didnt think the amp was vetry good at all.

The NAD C352 and C542 amp/CDP combo available at Superfi.co.uk is very good and it will be a lot better sounding over the Marantz set-up, with more oomph and kick for your buck but still a good, refined sound with great timing and superb bass, more so if partnered with the RS6 speakers.

A

Anonymous

Superfi dont stock the MA's though, so it owuld be difficult to have a listen

I know Sevenoaks do, the MA's just wondering whats else I could drive the RS6 with, thought of the creek evo or audiolad combo, but sevenoaks dont do them. It is really hard to find a dealer that stocks the combination one wants

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Youre right there!!!

That can always be a major dificulty but also worth talking to the dealers to see what speakers, amps and CDP's they reccommend with the speakers they stock and then audition from there.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Creek Evo is superb with the RS6s. I loved the sound and the Evo is very powerful. Your biggish room would be filled easily with excellent sound and tight bass. Go to www.creek-audio.co.uk and the shop link - you should be able to get one for £350 ex dem or even brand new including delivery and warranty. I demo'd my RS6s at Sevenoaks using Rotel RA-06 I think. The speakers are fantastic but I liked the look of the Evo and the sound was much better than Rotel.

A

Anonymous

I will try the RS6 out this weekend. Really dont wont to push the budget over £1000. There is a pair of ex-displays of the MA RS6 going for £400 @ Sevenoaks. we will see

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Go for them!!!

Thats a superb price as i got mine for £450 with the 25% discount at the time!

They are brilliant speakers, you will see when you listen to them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts