Marantz PM6002. A couple of questions.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Did'nt you want some Stirling/Rogers 5a's ... ?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

".sounded great at high volumes but struggled at low
volumes." - this applied only to BW 685s (they're not as easy to drive). MAs sounded great at all volumes :)

manicm

Yes Chebby, do keep us posted, while smooth and not bad by any means I'm also beginning to wonder about my 685s, I'd like just a touch more depth and imaging. So it's interesting as to which speakers you'll pair the Mini with in time!

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Cypher:I used to own a PM7001. When I bought the Rotel RA-04 I couldn't believe the improvement. A more powerful sound with lots of drive. The music was alive ! The PM7001 is a very boring amp compared to the RA-04.

It could be a synergy thing too,the 7001 has a smooth midrange and the treble errs on the refined side too,which could sound boring in some systems. I love the fact you can whack it up to loud levels without annoying glassiness or hardness like with some amps,but I think that 's down to my speakers also . Haven't heard the Rotel amps but was not overly impressed with the nad c352 after all the hype.

A

Anonymous

Its all about synergy idd, but too say the PM7001 is boring, then there is something wrong with your ears ore system... its a jewel fore the price...

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Ducati900SS:Its all about synergy idd, but too say the PM7001 is boring, then there is something wrong with your ears ore system... its a jewel fore the price...

It certainly is good for the price, you could pick them up for £300 or even £250 brand new if you shop around,which was cheaper than the NAD C352 . I dont thinks it boring either but I do think its engineered to sound 'nice' rather than all out aggressive and exciting,Lets face it .those sort of systems get tiring and grating when played loud after a while ,The marantz sounds musical and in control when loud with no sign of splasy treble..... not bad for a budget amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts