Marantz pm 55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can buy Marantz pm 55 amp for a good price, but i dont know anything abut it so I am asking for your help. I know Marantz pm 55 special edition is a not so good in bass and it doent have tone controls, but pm 55 has tone controls so I want to know how does it sound, esspecially in bass? Can you compare it with pm 55se? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

What about Marantz pm 50, can you tell me something about it?

T

the record spot

Very unlikely; the amp was out in the early 90s and I doubt many will have tried both it and the PM50 together. Probably very musical, the PM44SE was well rated, but for the detail you're after, you'd need to hear it in person I think.

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
PM50 - bought one new back in '91 (or '92?) with a pair of Celestion Sl6Si that I still have. Sadly Marantz packed in after a decade or so of sterling service, never really bothered to have it fixed. It rests in peace somewhere in the garage.

Wonderfully rich and voluminous sound, detailed with great soundstage but little dark, courtesy of the speakers. Plenty of power on tap (70wpc rms if I recall correctly), never an issue driving inefficient Celestions.

Never heard the '55 tho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts