Marantz NR1603

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Saw it at the Munich High End show – expect to learn about UK availability and price at a Marantz/Denon press event to be held the week after next

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm attending the European press launch tomorrow and Tuesday and will, as usual, request review samples of all interesting products launched there – and yes, that will include the NR1603.

A

Anonymous

Has anyone seen or heard one of these Marantz NR1603 Amps yet.

I’m in the market for a new AV receiver that will fit into our new AV unit. Unfortunately it was chosen by the wife with little or no consultation with me and my toys, so my hefty old Pioneer is gone.

The only two units I have found which meet the tight criteria are the Marantz NR1603 @ (W-440, D-367, H-105) and the Cambridge Audio Azur 551R 7.1 @ (W-430,D-340, H-110) both new and yet neither have any reviews which i have found.

I plan to match the amp with a Sub/Sat solution, and according to my wife I can have anything I want as long as its white!

so again looking at the Q Acoustics Q7000, but I would like to stretch to a set of B&W MT-25’s if the amps can extract any further benefit of the B&W’s or would it be wasted money.

Cheers all.

SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've seen one, they are out there. It doesn't seem much different from last year's model, but the thinnest reasonably well specified receiver you'll probably find. If you haven’t got the space for anything taller then it’s worth splurging out the cash on this one.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Marantz NR1602 is favourably reviewed and if the size is a concern then I would say the NR is as good as it gets! It also depentds on the speakers that you might pair them up with.

I was recently looking for style speakers for HT and Q acoustics were recommended by the dealer for my Marantz 1603. IMO, Q acoustics look like more upto the job than B&Ws though I have the ASW 608 sub and it is wonderful ! I prefer speakers with slightly more volume in the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts