Marantz nr- 1200

0-100 need to turn it past 40% to hear anything
That would be normal with many modern amplifiers with ‘digital’ volume adjustment. In the past, regular controls gave full volume at 10 or 11 o’clock, when rotation began at 8 o’clock. Newer designs are much more controllable. They’re also suitably (in)sensitive for high output sources like CD and Streamer/DACs which often exceed 2 volts.

What setting gives your desired volume? (I usually have my Linn preamp at about 70)

D

Deleted member 108165

Just hook up my new marantz nr 1200 to klipsch rp- 600m’s, have to turn volume past 40 on the dial before I hear anything. Help.
Just to clarify, are you saying that you can hear no audio until past 40 on the dial?

D

Deleted member 108165

That is weird.

They are high sensitivity speakers so should be easy to drive, you should have some audible sound earlier than 40 on the volume readout. I'm not sure what to suggest? Did you purchase online or a shop?

Do you or any friends have an amp you could borrow to compare? Do you own any headphones to see if the issue is the same from the hp socket?

Michaelj

May 29, 2021
Visit site
That is weird.

They are high sensitivity speakers so should be easy to drive, you should have some audible sound earlier than 40 on the volume readout. I'm not sure what to suggest? Did you purchase online or a shop?

Do you or any friends have an amp you could borrow to compare? Do you own any headphones to see if the issue is the same from the hp socket?
tried Ho with same results.

D

Deleted member 108165

That would be normal with many modern amplifiers with ‘digital’ volume adjustment. In the past, regular controls gave full volume at 10 or 11 o’clock, when rotation began at 8 o’clock. Newer designs are much more controllable. They’re also suitably (in)sensitive for high output sources like CD and Streamer/DACs which often exceed 2 volts.

What setting gives your desired volume? (I usually have my Linn preamp at about 70)
May be the case, nopiano, but my amp still produces some sound from the start position on the volume dial. This guys Marantz is producing no sound until he gets to 40/100?

it's the same with the Parasound Hint 6 I recently bought. About the same volume as the ten o'clock position on my old setup now equates to 75 on the Parasound

Reactions: nopiano
May be the case, nopiano, but my amp still produces some sound from the start position on the volume dial. This guys Marantz is producing no sound until he gets to 40/100?
Yes, I appreciate that you clarified that after I posted. I agree that literally silence seems strange until 40%. I inferred ‘any volume worth listening to’ rather than zilch!

D

Deleted member 116933

Just hook up my new marantz nr 1200 to klipsch rp- 600m’s, have to turn volume past 40 on the dial before I hear anything. Help.

What’s your definition of “ can’t hear anything” ? Absolutely nothing or just not room filling?

This wouldn’t be my experience of klipsch speakers at all, unless you have turned down a digital trim level or something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts