Marantz NA7004 reviewed in November?

Silverleaf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
According to an Australian website, the NA7004 gets reviewed in november 2010 by WhatHifi.

Is that true?

I am considering this unit, instead of a Sonos device for my new setup. On paper it's a brilliant machine, but what do the experts say....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
On sale now
emotion-2.gif

The review won't go online for a while yet...

Silverleaf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

On sale now
emotion-2.gif

The review won't go online for a while yet...

But that is great! I saw your magazine here in a (Bruna) Shop in Holland a few weeks ago, it's not in every bookshop.

I will have a look if the November iseu is available, and purshase myself a legal version
emotion-11.gif

I hope my questions are answerred, especially if Spotify will be supported by the Marantz units, now or in future..

Silverleaf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have it. It's a very usefull issue for someone like me, who is after a complete new HiFi system, while not having the latest knowledge about what is availble for the money I wan't to spend.

I am in doubt of the NA7004. It seems a very capable system (it received 4 stars) with an impressive sound quality,which tends to be a litle bright. I don't know what upgrades are planned by Marantz, but it would be a pitty if eg Spotify is not supported for this price.

A plus for this sytem, is the fact that is has a FM tuner, so it's still possible to listen to the radio without Internet hasle...

A

Anonymous

Is the Award issue available in Belgium?

Are there any reviews planned on the new Rotel Streamers (RT-09, RDG-1520)?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Not sure if the Awards issue has made it to Belgium, but you can order it from our Back Issues department by phoning +44 1795 5922971 or email your request to whathifi@servicehelpline.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the information! I'll order it from the Back Office Department.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I consider to buy NA7004. However, some things are not clear to me:

1) The user guide says it cannot play copyright protected AAC files from USB or while connected to a music server. Does it mean that it won't work with my iTunes collection? I would say this contradicts the press release that claims NA7004 works with Airplay.

2) Apple's Airport Express accepts any quality digital signal streamed to it via wi-fi, however, then downsamples it to 16bits/44.1kHz. Does NA7004 support also higher quality streamed to it via ethernet or wi-fi and then upsamples to the 24bits/192kHz using its DAC?

3) How does its DAC stands in comparison with "budget" DACs such as CA DACmagic?

Obvious where I am aiming, right? In other words, when I make a decision between DACmagic + Airport Express and NA7004, which one to chose? It is clear that NA7004 offers some additional features such as nicely integrated environment, digital iPhone connection, connection to internet audio streaming services, etc. but those are not that important for me. What I want is user friendly implementation of iTunes into a home stereo system that will not compromise on sound quality, which Airport Express does to certain extent due to downsampling the signal before its upsampling by an external DAC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts