Marantz na6006 vs Denon dnp 800ne

robdmarsh

Considering buying either of these network streamers to go with my Denon pma 800ne amplifier. Wondering if anyone has any experience of either of these two. They are similar and I know that they are twin companies under the same group umbrella, but their DACs are different and certainly their amplifiers sound different. Don't fancy Blusound and Cambridge CXN v2 too expensive.

D

Deleted member 108165

Purely based on nerdy ergonomics and pleasing to the eye ocd I would go for the matching Denon. They're obviously designed to work together so should make a wonderful pairing, both on the eyes and ears :)

Reactions: nopiano
D

Deleted member 108165

Yep, got the pair, I'm anal about matching kit :) I stream my ripped CD collection via a PC to the SA-KI, also occasionally Spotify via the same route.

Reactions: Al ears

robdmarsh

I think I heard your speakers at the Bristol show 2020. Absolutely lovely. If you ever get a chance to hear Triangle Titus EZ, I'd think you'd like them. They are terrific sounding small stand mounters

D

Deleted member 108165

The SA-KI Ruby is a streamer as well as a CD player? I'm happy to give up CDs with a good streaming service like Amazon HD
Not quite, my PC has a coax-out and the SA-KI has a coax-in, I use this method of transfer. Not quite streaming in the purest sense.

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 108165

I think I heard your speakers at the Bristol show 2020. Absolutely lovely. If you ever get a chance to hear Triangle Titus EZ, I'd think you'd like them. They are terrific sounding small stand mounters
I'll look out for them, Rob (y) Had PMC DB1 Gold before the Harbeth's. PMC's were great but I had issues with bass boom at higher volumes due to less than ideal placement in a working lounge, the sealed-box baby Harb's totally eradicated this and added their own sparkle to the performance, the P3's suit my taste completely. No more upgrades for me :)

D

Deleted member 108165

apologies for butting in.
nearly got that player myself but then all work disappeared as it often does in my line of work and purchase was canned. Luckily my old Oppo 105 is still going strong.
No problem whatsoever, Al, post away buddy (y)

D

Deleted member 108165

Probably very little improvement but only you will be able to tell Rob. Personally, I've always found that it's the master used for the track is where the improvement is, not bitrate.

Where's everyone else? Generally there's loads of commentary on streamers/DACs here...

robdmarsh

That is a swearword to me.
Beware Rob.
If it's the same Hyperfi as the shop that I (and Trading Standards) once had the pleasure of dealing with....I wouldn't touch them with the world's longest bargepole - even with the discount and guarantee.
Oh please spill the beans, what happened? They've managed to get an average of four and half stars on Trust pilot can you believe! They claim their prices are so cheap because their stuff is all B stock.

robdmarsh

Probably very little improvement but only you will be able to tell Rob. Personally, I've always found that it's the master used for the track is where the improvement is, not bitrate.

Where's everyone else? Generally there's loads of commentary on streamers/DACs here...
That's interesting.I wonder if I would be able to tell the difference between LDAC bluetooth and genuine hi-res. You wonder why people bother spending hundreds on streamers.

robdmarsh

I would say so....especially if you listen to soundstage width and depth and imaging. Less chance of harsh highs too 👍
Those are just the kind of attributes I'd be looking for. I see from your profile you the ifi Zen stream. Did you choose this as a streamer because you have a separate DAC and is it generally good sense to separate the streaming function from a DAC function?

Tinman1952

Those are just the kind of attributes I'd be looking for. I see from your profile you the ifi Zen stream. Did you choose this as a streamer because you have a separate DAC and is it generally good sense to separate the streaming function from a DAC function?
Well I already had the Zen DAC v2 so I added the Zen Stream to 'complete the package' as a stand alone 'stack' next to my armchair. 🙂
As for separating the DAC function from the streaming function...it really depends on the device and the implementation. I have no problem with a device which does both as long as it sounds good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts