Marantz MusicLink Series

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So it does seem to be a series now. First the HD-DAC1, then the HD-AMP1 and now the HD-CD1.

Anybody heard the HD-AMP1? Reviews so far seem to indicate it's a bit of a giant killer and provides more oomph than the power ratings might initially suggest? I heard the DAC-1 with headphones, but I've less experience with phones, so couldn't make any meaningful comments about it really. But the HD-AMP1 certainly well-thought out spec-wise for a modern amp: high end headphone output with adjustable gain, USB, 2xoptical, 1xcoax, 2 RCA analogue inputs and quality DAC.

Presumably a streamer will be added at some point?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been avoiding listening to separates since my last round of upgrades, or at least I haven't felt the need to. The amp certainly has some reports/reviews of it being able to handle quite tricky speakers well above its own price. I should check it out.

rhe DAC1 I wasn't so impressed with as a headphone amp. Never heard it as just a standalone DAC or working as a digital pre. Maybe there are some cans that suit it better, but the cans I was auditioning at the time all sounded better to me with the U-05 I ended up buying.

There is at least one other thread hidden in these forums where the amp is discussed. I like the form factor, but I wish the sides were real wood rather than plastic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts