marantz mcr603 with power amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,

i have the following doubts on the connectivity of mcr603, hope someone can help on these .

can mcr603 connect to another amplifier , possible or need preamp ?

is "aux out" in mcd603 same as "pre out" in some receiver that I google on the web ?

in the "aux out" of the mcr603 , is it a full line level that are independent of the volume control on mcr603 ?

thank in advance .

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
No you can't. The output is not volume controlled.

u mean cannot connect to amp , need to connect to preamp , then amp.

or cannot connect to anything totally

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
No you can't. The output is not volume controlled.

u mean cannot connect to amp , need to connect to preamp , then amp.

or cannot connect to anything totally

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Why would you want to connect an M-CR603 to a pre-amp and then a power amp?

It's a compact 'all-in-one' unit with built in 50wpc amp and built-in CD player, DAC, tuner etc.

I think you need to be looking at seperates. (The Marantz NA7004 + amp for example.)

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I think he wants to know if it has pre outs, so can be used with a separate power amp. I guess he is also asking if it can be used as a source to an integrated or pre/power amp.

As far as I am aware, it can be used as neither a source nor with a separate power amp. As Chebby said, in his usual blunt way, why would you buy a compact integrated solution and then try to use it with lots of extra boxes. If you want to do that, you need to be looking at other items in the range. Separates, for eg.

Sorry, was that too blunt?

A

Anonymous

chebby said:

It's a compact 'all-in-one' unit with built in 50wpc amp and built-in CD player, DAC, tuner etc.

I think you need to be looking at seperates. (The Marantz NA7004 + amp for example.)

i just into this hobby lately. all the while I have been using budget home threater system , and mcr603 is the my first 2ch stereo system .

currently, I am connecting mcr603 to b&w 685. may be I should have went to a different route in the every beginning.

think my non-returning journey just started , it will be good to know what option I have at this moment if I wanted to go to large wattage speaker.

thanks for your advice.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:

i just into this hobby lately. all the while I have been using budget home threater system , and mcr603 is the my first 2ch stereo system .

currently, I am connecting mcr603 to b&w 685. may be I should have went to a different route in the every beginning.

think my non-returning journey just started , it will be good to know what option I have at this moment if I wanted to go to large wattage speaker.

thanks for your advice.

A

Anonymous

gregvet said:
I think he wants to know if it has pre outs, so can be used with a separate power amp. I guess he is also asking if it can be used as a source to an integrated or pre/power amp.

As far as I am aware, it can be used as neither a source nor with a separate power amp. As Chebby said, in his usual blunt way, why would you buy a compact integrated solution and then try to use it with lots of extra boxes. If you want to do that, you need to be looking at other items in the range. Separates, for eg.

Sorry, was that too blunt?

no , any advice is appreciated .

the manual mention that the "aux out" can be connect to pre main amplifier, so this trigger my thought. may be still using the mcr603 ( come with airplay which I using extensively ) with other separates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts