Marantz MCR603 - to biamp or not?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am just about to buy a Marantz MCR603 and a single pair of Monitor Audio BX2s. I have heard that the Marantz has four ports so you can bi-wire the speakers if you are only using one pair.

By doing this, will the sound be significantly improved, or am I better off just running a single length of cable? Is there actually much difference?

Secondly, and excuse what is a very newbie question, but how exactly do you connect if you are biamping. Is it just a case of buying twice as much cable and running two sets of cables from the Marantz to the speakers. Do the BX2s have four ports on the back to do this?

Any help much appreciated. I'm looking to buy asap so just need to know how much cable to get.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I wish Marantz hadn't bothered with this option. I'm certainly not going to bother with it.

You'll get less (total) power and spend more on cable.

Pointless exercise (as biwiring usually is).

The M-CR603 sounds great as it is. Spend the money saved (not getting bi-wire cable) on AirPlay instead.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Seems strange for Marantz to offer it as an option and to recommend it if it doesn't sound any better! Agree that if the sound really isn't improved then the money would be better spent on Airplay.

A

Anonymous

If anyone from the WHF team is reading this, I would be very grateful for your opinion on this matter. Heard lots of mixed opinions about biwiring on the Marantz (most saying its not worth it) but any more feedback much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts