Marantz M-CR510 experience

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

manicm

hybridauth_Facebook_615592630 said:
HI, I have just got the marantz 610 as exchanged it from the cambrideg audio one as the audio one wouldnt play mix cd's, anyway was wondering if any of you could help and was wondering if any of you could help with my problem.I have tried two hard drives in the rear usb port, both hard drives have got wav files on them (I think its wav files, ripped cds using windows)Both of the hard drives start up but then the marantz units just says unsupported device, what am I doing wrong or are there only specific hard drives that work with the marantz, brand, size etc ?

Many thanks for any replies

Is your hard drive > 500GB? If it is I'll bet you that's the problem, or get a self-powered hard drive. That's the problem I had with my CA751 blu-ray player. They're probably hard to find now, but most USB ports on hifi systems are not meant to handle the extra power large capacity drives require. Find a 500gb drive.

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks all for the replies and sorry for the late reply...I couldn't find the thread again on when using my phone.
I have tried a 1tb seagate passport hard drive and a 2tb powered seagate hard drive. Both hard drives I have tried in different formats fat etc but to no avail. Since then though, I have sussed out that if I plug teh powered hard drive into the back of my my wd cloud hard drive and use music server then it works a treat.
Many thanks for your help though :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts