Marantz KiPearl Lite Demo

MarantzLover

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

Did anyone else notice that Kef were using the KiPearl Lite SACD and Amplifier in their two channel demo room? Did you hear those with the new Q series? Were you as pleased as I with these? Those new Kef floorstanders sound amazing in my opinion?

Heck even the CD/PM6003 that were being used with the standmount Q series speakers sound superb.

I am seriously interested in these KiPearl lites as well as the Q series floorstanders. Any other thoughts from you guys.

Thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
It is a combination that we wouldn't have considerd with the classic Q series but the new models work extremely well with Marantz. We run the new Marantz AV amps with the new Q series to great effect. We heard the Marantz/Kef set up in a lot more detail at the dealer launch and it sound great there as well.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The new Q series was sounding pretty amazing at the dealer launch, and as Nick mentions, all were being used with Marantz. Seems like an excellent combination. Although our Q300's were sounding great on the Naim Nait 5i, which the Q700's are currently running in on.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
No yet....been running them in. With the Q100's, it's the best the Teac 380 system has ever sounded
emotion-1.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
MarantzLover:

Hey,

Did anyone else notice that Kef were using the KiPearl Lite SACD and Amplifier in their two channel demo room? Did you hear those with the new Q series? Were you as pleased as I with these? Those new Kef floorstanders sound amazing in my opinion?

Heck even the CD/PM6003 that were being used with the standmount Q series speakers sound superb.

I am seriously interested in these KiPearl lites as well as the Q series floorstanders. Any other thoughts from you guys.

Thanks

I noticed .....
emotion-3.gif

I thought the KEF floorstanders were better than the Q300 standmounted ones, but the cheap Marantz equipment was used with the cheaper KEF's...

But I totally agree that the new KEF speakers are something quite special.....the Q700's were the best, though...

matthewpiano

The only thing I could fault the Q300s on was a slight bit of bass flabbiness but I put that down to the Marantz PM6003 as it is a limitation of that amp I've heard before.

The Q100s were playing on the end of a Denon DCD510AE and PMA510AE in the next section of the show (in the BDI display) and I took the opportunity to turn the volume up a bit to hear what the speakers were like. They sounded superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts