Marantz KI Ruby Series

Is this on anyone’s hit list?

Having bought the PM14s1SE recently, I can only imagine how good the ruby series will be.

I am considering them as my “final” setup. Obviously I want to listen to them before I spend such an amount on just two components

then, where am I gonna go with speakers?

D

Deleted member 108165

bigfish786 said:

Having bought the PM14s1SE recently, I can only imagine how good the ruby series will be.

I am considering them as my “final” setup. Obviously I want to listen to them before I spend such an amount on just two components

No, but the PM-10 and SA-10 are on my final set-up list. Probably as a retirement present to myself in five/six years time *smile* As for speakers think I'll stick with what I've got or junk the whole lot and go the PMC active route.

bigfish786 said:

Not on my list, exactly, but I was curious. Some reports suggest our 14s1SE models will be discontinued. They certainly needed a better name!

I fear the Ruby probably has about 30% or more added to the retail price for the novelty. The trouble is it’s really hard to gauge how much ‘better’ they might be, and even the 10-series for that matter (notwithstanding their whopping price).

Speakers just need lots of time to hear as many as you fancy - and then a home loan, ime.

D

Deleted member 108165

DougK said:
No, but the PM-10 and SA-10 are on my final set-up list. Probably as a retirement present to myself in five/six years time *smile* As for speakers think I'll stick with what I've got or junk the whole lot and go the PMC active route.

Then again having having played some music today maybe a decent system would be a complete waste of time considering my fondness for mainstream music. I can remember being totally underwhelmed by the difference between my old PM/CD6004 and my current Pearl Lites, the only real major change in SQ came with a change of speakers.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
I fear the Ruby probably has about 30% or more added to the retail price for the novelty. The trouble is it’s really hard to gauge how much ‘better’ they might be, and even the 10-series for that matter (notwithstanding their whopping price).

I don't know how much better the Ruby or PM-10 is, but i owned the PM-14S1SE and now own the PM-11S3. According to me, the PM-11S3 is much better than the PM-14S1SE. It was a bigger upgrade than adding very good DAC's to my network player.

D

Deleted member 108165

ErwinC said:
I don't know how much better the Ruby or PM-10 is, but i owned the PM-14S1SE and now own the PM-11S3. According to me, the PM-11S3 is much better than the PM-14S1SE. It was a bigger upgrade than adding very good DAC's to my network player.

That's very interesting Erwin, the PM-11S3 is the predecessor of the PM-10 so it's good to hear that it is so good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts