Marantz cr603 with Dali Zensor1 or MA BX2? Or other?

WillWortel19

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After reading alot on these forums I decided to buy a Marantz cr 603. But i'm still doubting which speakers to buy. I went to the shop today and listened the Dali Zensor1 speakers which sound very good for the money. I also heard the B&W 685 speakers which sounds very good (better than Zensor 1 in my opinion). But they cost twice as much. So I wanted to know if anyone compared the BX2 with Zensor1? Are they better? I want a litte more performance than Zensor 1 but not that expensive as B&W 685

Thank you very much!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I had the Monitor Audio BX2 in the past and they are great speakers but the Dali Zensor 1 I have now sounds far more natural, more detailed and are a steal for the money.

I've never been a fan of the B&W 685 speakers.........they sound so lifeless and dull.

I also heard the Tannoy V1 speakers recently........amazing value for money.

Just my opinion ;)

Marantz PM6003/CD6004/Dali Zensor 1

WillWortel19

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I heard the Zensor 1, they sound very nice and natural, but i think they not have enough power. I want to fill the room with music. BX2 should be a little more powerfull or not?

thanks!

A

Anonymous

There are some really tempting deals around on Marantz M-CR603 + speaker packages at the moment,

and I'm torn between the Dali Zensor 1 and the MA BX2.

The Zensor 1's look as if they will suit the amp just fine, but should I be considering the BX2's for an extra £50?

Any advice based upon personal experience most welcome :)

Al110

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
I've got the CR603 and Dali Lektor 1's and they work brilliantly together in a small room,I can't give a more definate answer because I've never listened to the speakers you mention or tried mine in a larger room.

Although having said that,in your position I might be tempted to try the BX2.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure that I'll be perfectly happy with either, but I'm still wanting to get the best that I can. Pity I'm not in a position to try them out before I decide (no hi fi stores in Orkney).

One thing of note is that the speakers will be fairly close to the plasterboard wall (100-200mm). Would this interfere with the function of the rear port on the Zensor 1s? The forward facing port on the BX2 appears to be an advantage here.

Any more opinions welcome!

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
My recommendation would be the Dali Zensor 2, which have all the benefits of the Zensor 1 but will fill a larger room a lot better. I heard them at the Bristol show in 2011 and thought they were an amazing and very listenable speaker.

A

Anonymous

A bit more info:

Living room size 6m x 5m

Speakers will go on top of a seriously heavy duty book case, spaced about 2m apart.

Music - Wide taste- anything from Kate Bush to Skrillex!

Volume - low to medium usually (I've read that the Zensor 1's are particularly good at lower volumes?)

I live in a remote spot so auditioning not really an option.

M-CR603 + Zensor 1 + cable available at £500

M-CR603 + BX2 + cable available at £550

Not really keen to spend much more than this, but could go a little higher.

A

Anonymous

smiley-undecided.gif
I`ve paired my Marantz cr 603 with BX2 speakers, I`m delighted and as a caveat it seems they are bullet proof after streaming spotify via Airfoil the the amp decided to operate the speakers at full volume, after sprinting to turn the amp off I thought I`d said good bye to the BX 2`s but it seems they were unaffected by this calamity, sorry I can`t compare them to an other speaker as this is my first purchase but it seems alot of people on here rate the combination of Marantz cr 603 with the BX2`s

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
andrwclem said:
...after streaming spotify via Airfoil the the amp decided to operate the speakers at full volume, after sprinting to turn the amp off I thought I`d said good bye to the BX 2`s...

Same with AirPlay. The volume is controlled from the iDevice (iPhone in my case) and will play at the volume you last set the app to play at.

I've got used to this and have everything set low (about 12 on the Marantz) but the very first time I discovered this, it was a tad loud for a few seconds :)

Once it's playing, you can use the M-CR603's volume control and you will see the volume on the iPhone go up/down as well.

A

Anonymous

Well, after a lot of consideration, and a talk with a fine gent at Exceptional AV, I decided to go for the BXs, which arrived with the M-CR603 in Orkney this evening.

Quickly set the system up and popped the XX's latest offering in the CD tray. Despite not taking much care over speaker positioning, I have to say that I am utterly astounded by how good these speakers are, especially once I get beyond low volume; the sound just suddenly become alive. Highly recommended; pity I can't do a comparison with the Zensor 1's.

Thank you for all the advice :)

A pair of stands next on the shopping list; the BXs deserve better than a bookshelf!

Hi psijaka

BX2's are indeed excellent speakers
smiley-smile.gif
Even now after having used BX2's for over two years i still feel astounded by their performance for the price. Fwiw, i have yet to hear better overall speakers up to £400. BX2's simply :rockout:

Nice one Monitor Audio :clap:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts