MARANTZ CR603 IS THIS THING FOR REAL ???

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi again, I recently heard the cr603 with dali zensor 5 speakers at richer sounds in norwich and omg I could not believe what I was hearing. The depth of sound, treble detail and smooth mid range was astounding, not to mention the power. I will probably be downsizing in not too distant future and certainly glad I had a listen to this fantastic system.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I had the urge to downsize from my Marantz CD6003/PM6003 so took a punt on the 603.So glad I did as I discovered that it couldn't compete, so decided I would go the other way and upgrade to what I have below. My mistake, as if you don't need all the "extras" and if your primary source is CD then sadly for me it falls short. Still a fantastic unit for the money, though, but not for me, I'm afraid.

I had the urge to downsize from my Marantz CD6003/PM6003 so took a punt on the 603.

So glad I did as I discovered that it couldn't compete, so decided I would go the other way and upgrade to what I have below. My mistake, as if you don't need all the "extras" and if your primary source is CD then sadly for me it falls short. Still a fantastic unit for the money, though, but just doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid.

audioaddict said:
Hi again, I recently heard the cr603 with dali zensor 5 speakers at richer sounds in norwich and omg I could not believe what I was hearing. The depth of sound, treble detail and smooth mid range was astounding, not to mention the power. I will probably be downsizing in not too distant future and certainly glad I had a listen to this fantastic system.

Even though I've not heard the Marantz, I'd still be surprised if it did usurp your Audiolabs. Probably what you're hearing is better synergy. I've always maintained, regardless of how good or expensive an individual component, if poorly matched will sound iffy.

Going by the people who own the Marantz, it appears to be an impressive piece of kit for the money.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
hi all yes the 603 is excellent for the money and certainly woukd not touch my audiolab set up. actually pp my other post today talks about speaker placement and my sytem sounds awsome after three years of wondering what was the matter with it. The reason im possibly downsizing is due to house renovation and unless i can find a unit to store the whole system plus my 42 panny plasma sky box n dvd player it will have to go. on the other hand if thats doesnt happen will be happy to keep it and upgrade speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts