I'm not sure whether to buy a Marantz CD6005 or use my Panasonic Blu Ray player with analogue outs as a transport, is the CD6005 really that good or CD going to go out in in a few years and it's a waste of time.

System:

Marantz PM6005, Monitor Audio BX2s, Pioneer N-30.

I'd be buying that cd6005, and enjoying it for a very long time. Cd isn't going anywhere yet. The back catalogue stretches decades, so there will be no shortage of discs for you to buy for a long time to come.

rainsoothe

Hi. I think the dac in the cd6005 is the same as the one in the pm6005, but I guess yo're using that for the streamer. If you don't mind the apple only app, I would suggest onkyo c-n7050 - it spins CDs and streams, and you can use the digital out with the dac in your Marantz. And who knows, maybe onkyo even made an Android app by now.

rainsoothe

Hi. I think the dac in the cd6005 is the same as the one in the pm6005, but I guess yo're using that for the streamer. If you don't mind the apple only app, I would suggest onkyo c-n7050 - it spins CDs and streams, and you can use the digital out with the dac in your Marantz. And who knows, maybe onkyo even made an Android app by now.

I agree with bigfish about the availability of discs. LPs have not gone anywhere, despite being re-named vinyls by the current generation!

The Marantz is about the easiest product to recommend in the catalogue. Just get one! ( I had a CD 52 SE in about '94 and it is still going strong in the home of a family member)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts