Marantz CD6004 or UD7006 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, new to the forum. I have a £500 budget and looking for a CD player to partner my PM6004 amp. The obvious choice would be the CD6004 but I was wondering if anyone knew if the UD7006 was equally as good with CDs? which is my primary concern. It would be great if the UD was equal as I could replace my current blu ray player and kill two birds with one stone. But not at the cost of CD play back. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry forgot to mention my speakers are B&W CM1s.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I havent done audition comparisons but I would say that 6004 would have better sonic qualities as a CD player.

The bluray has cooling fan, different DAC which I think would lessen the audio quality.

The blu ray will have a reasonably good sound for CD playing but if compared to a dedicated and decent CD player, 6004 will win.

manicm

Hi, I would actually go audition, I would certainly think that the UD7006 is actually a better CD player than one might expect. I have the Cambridge Audio 751BD and it is a cracking CD player, and WHF thinks the UD7006 may be slightly better still. This has been also been affirmed by Techradar's review (a UK site which compiles leading UK mag A/V reviews from a particular stable).

Go audition, and for 500 quid you get the mechanically almost identical Denon. You may also pick up the UD7006 for 500 quid if you shop around I believe. Plus it's a brilliant Blu-ray player to boot as well.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
If it's anything like my UD5005 then I'd be surprised if you could tell any difference IMO ( please bear in mind that my ears are shot
smiley-frown.gif
).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts