marantz cd6003-HDD playback

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have conntacted marantz regarding hdd playback and they told me that the cd6003 originally wasn't design to use a 'big' hard drives through usb but...later on they had discovered that it can recognise ( play ) hdd up to 230gb.

I've tried 200gb and it didn't recognise it.

Has anyone tried to play their music from hdd ( not flash drives ) through usb port on cd6003? If so what size of a hdd have you used ?

Thanks

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The cd takes only one file format ,it's either FAT or FAT32 , i can't remember which one at mo.

Just reminded myself that the chap from marantz also suggested to make two smaller partitions if the hdd is too big.I did try it but same error comes up on screen.

A

Anonymous

Hello:

I have the same problem. I can play the iPod, the flash memory and a disk of 120 GB without external power; but he does not recognize a disk of 1 TB with external power. Both are formatted FAT32.

Greetings!

Dean Clapham

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
From my own experiments (with a 750Gb non powered HDD):

250Gb max partition size. Only the first partition will be seen.

FAT32

32Kb Clusters (64Kb clusters do not work, did not try 16Kb)

I used EASEUS Partition MAster Home Edition (which is free) to prepare the HDD

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Dean Clapham said:

FAT32

Cheers Dean for an update! I haven't tried cluster option when formating drive so will give it a go.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Dean Clapham said:

FAT32

I've tried that software you mentioned to partition hd with but when i try FAT 32 there's no cluster option.

You get it with NTFS though...

I shall try different software to see if it works .

Dean Clapham

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
robolowski said:
I've tried that software you mentioned to partition hd with but when i try FAT 32 there's no cluster option.

You get it with NTFS though...

I shall try different software to see if it works .

Right click on the drive > Create Partition and select FAT32

Then right-click on it again and select Format. You will then have the option to take 32Kb as the cluster size.

Finally, Apply (top left) to action the two processes.

Regards

Dean

BennoB

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope this helps if anyone is getting the FAT ERROR message when they plug in a USB stick there are several things you should try.. I used EASEUS Partition Utility as somone mentioned above to make sure the drive is all these things listed..

1) The partition should be a fresh partition in FAT 32 with 32 kilobyte clusters which is probably showing just under 8Mb un-allocated after partition creation. This program is freeware so it may have bugs so the partition may be corrupted and not work properly and then not on the Marantz cd player and only on a computer if tried too many times, and also likes to highlight the top drive so be VERY careful using it!

2) The drive NEEDS to be a Primary drive NOT a logical one!

3) Sometimes it just doesn't like some songs so try the above then try just using a different song, or re-naming it the file reading systems on these cd players is very rudimentary so don't expect anything fancy in order of play order preference.

Apart from that your guess is as good as mine, but I seemed to fix a drive using those methods listed..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts