Marantz cd6002 with Nad C325. Any good?

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I can get hold of a Marantz CD6002 for £120 (used) and a Nad C325 for £200. Dose anyone have any idea if this kit would pair well together and if good value?

I am thinking of MS 902i speakers to go with it, but if anyone could suggest a better pairing then I could try them. My budget is £500 and with that i want some cables and stands as well.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I think it would work well; the Marantz CDP is a good one and would be fine with the NAD amp. The amp is solid with a good overall soundstage (solid, deep, punchy bass/smooth midrange and a good, crisp/neutral treble).

What music do you listen to?

As for cables and stands; take a look at the Chord Crimson interconnect, the Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable and either the Atacama Nexus 5/6i speaker stands or the Soundstyle Z2 speaker stands.

Try and allow room in your budget for Atabites as well to weigh done the stands to help improve clarity and bass weight

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I mainly listen to Snowpatrol, The Killers, Kings of Leon and the likes. My room is 12ft sq. Would Atabites in the stands make a decent difference?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd say the Marantz would be good with the NAD amp then BUT...

I feel that the NAD C525BEE CDP would be better, more so for your tatse in music & it can be bought for less than £120 new -

http://www.froogle.homecinematv.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=NAD-C525BEE-TITANIUM

Re the atabites; yes, they do make a difference and IMO are worth having. They can be boought off eBay usually around the £15 mark plus postage on top. I think its Linetone Audio that sell them so maybe speak to them direct.

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
WHF haven't done a review of the C525bee. How dose this compare with the C515bee? I am guessing that it the next model up from the 515.

Superfi do a good deal on the C515bee cd with the C315bee amp. What is your opinion on this combination compared to the C325amp with the C525cd??

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The superfi combo is good (more so as you get Tannoy F1 speakers with it as well) but i feel that the NAD C325BEE amp and the NAD C525BEE CDP would be better.

The NAD C525BEE CDP has a decent DAC and the C325BEE amp has just that bit more grunt and allows for amore overall soundstage with deeper and more taught bass as well as a smoother midrange.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts