Marantz CD6002 and PM6002 and Rotel RA-04 and B&W 685.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
Went for another listening today with the above mentioned systems. The upshot is that i preferred the Rotel amp to the marantz and surprisingly it sounded better with Kef IQ5SE's than the B&W's. I did however listen to a different system whilst there and it sounded wonderful. They partnered the CD6002 with a roksan kandy amp and epos M15.2 floorstanders that are reduced by £300 to £400 leaving a system after negotiation that is only £250 more than the Rotel. I suspect that the epos are being replaced but are they a good speaker and are they happy about poor positioning? I'm not expecting to be able to have a home demo and the speakers will be around 1 metre apart and close to a wall.

A

Anonymous

did i read that right or did you mis type? will you be placing the speakers 1 metre apart? if you are i would not spend all that money as whatever you buy will not sound particularly good with speakers that close together.That would be too close for stand mounters never mind floor standers. Floor standers need a bit of space.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Fraziel"]did i read that right or did you mis type? will you be placing the speakers 1 metre apart? if you are i would not spend all that money as whatever you buy will not sound particularly good with speakers that close together.That would be too close for stand mounters never mind floor standers. Floor standers need a bit of space.[/quote]

Not a mistype I'm afraid. I cant get the speakers any further apart within the constraints of my room. Might get to 1.5 metres with a little luck. Am i therefore better off with a pair of kefs which may be easier to listen to that close together?

A

Anonymous

1.5 m is ok i would think.Still too close for floorstanders in my opinion.I have not heard the kefs, but in a room that tight for space i would not even consider floor standers.

A

Anonymous

What is the room size? For a small room I guess you would be better off with a one box system from CA, Arcam or Linn. MA silver series for speakers. Better sound with minimum clutter and space utilization.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts