Marantz CD6000 OSE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a marantz PM6010OSE and considering purchasing a CD6000 OSE cd player...has anyone any experience of partnering these two together and the outcome ?? I listen to alot of easy listening and jazz hence the PM6010 which I owned quite some years ago. I used to have a PM66 but found it sounded like a transistor amp where as the PM6010 has a valve like sound I feel.

A

Anonymous

I used to have a Marantz PM6010 OSE KI which I partnered with the matching Marantz CD6000 OSE KI. Personally, I found the sound too wallowy and restrained without any authority although it was very musical with a big soundstage.

I replaced the amplifier with a Rotel R-02 and loved it. Now there was authority and punch and the bass and treble shone. The sound was excellent, in my view. I ran these with MA BR2's and QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-wired speaker cables + QED Silver Spiral interconnects.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I didn't think that much of the 6000 OSE! It' not bad but bass is lumpy comparing to the other Marantz. Oh and I am a Marantz fan
emotion-2.gif

Try to find a good condition CD 63 KI for around £140, it has better timing or if you could go up to £350 then the CD17 KI is a big step up.

A

Anonymous

Check out Lintone Audio as they have some CDPs at killer prices. For example, you could get the Arcam CD73 for £240 delivered. That's a great player that has the timbre it sounds like you're looking for, i.e. smooth and detailed. The step up is the CD192 that they have at £400, before a £900 player. That would be good too but not quite as relaxed apparently (in a very good way).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I'd certainly agree with choosing a newer player for both reliability, serviceability and performance. I believe the source should be as close to neutral (something the old marantz players are not! Probably due to extremely high jitter which has the unfortunate side effect of blurring images/reducing focus, hence the 'valvey' sound. BTW I like the better marantz products too). If you are strapped for cash check out Nad's baby player for around a hundred odd quid. Its a much better machine than the old marantzes or go iggs way of end of line players such as the ones mentioned from arcam.

PS. I used to own a 63KI which I then changed for a Trichord Genesis, i think, its been a while!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I still have 3 marantz (had 9 in my life) and none of them ever give me problem! but yes, the newer better have less risk of things gone wrong for the obvious reason.

DM, I am not sure if the baby Nad can play tune better than the legend 63KI? Master Ken's finest keep surprise me everytime I take it out of my draw for a spin.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman:
I still have 3 marantz (had 9 in my life) and none of them ever give me problem! but yes, the newer better have less risk of things gone wrong for the obvious reason.

DM, I am not sure if the baby Nad can play tune better than the legend 63KI? Master Ken's finest keep surprise me everytime I take it out of my draw for a spin.

Agree TM, they are probably wonderful to listen to for a while but I dont think I could live with one now. Things have moved on a bit since then and I'd miss some of the things modern players do well. Still, why not.

A

Anonymous

Personally I would aim to let the amp and speakers do the smoothening if that's the sound you want. Aim to keep the CDP neutral or a notch the brighter side of neutral. Just my (current) opinion.

A

Anonymous

THANKYOU to everyone for all their help here...much appreciated :) Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts