Marantz CD 6002 at £135: Would you give six stars?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

In Hong Kong/Singapore, Marantz CD Player 6002 is available at £135, half of the UK published price of £270. Still much lower than what Richer Sounds is offering at £199.

So at this low price of £135, would you give this product six stars, if you could exceed your limit of 5 stars?

K

A

Anonymous

Perhaps yes. Since this magazine had given such a compliment to Azur 640C and 540C some time ago, I was wondering whether this product would also qualify for such or a similar compliment given the low price in Asian markets.

BTW, I own 640C version 1 and live in India and have recently started reading the local version of your magazine.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Would it be the same player available in the UK? It's often said that the UK market is different and maufacturers taylor their audio products accordingly. Not sure, but would think the CD player available in HK is different from the player available in Richer Sounds??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Simon Lucas"]Wouldn't that be like those footballers who routinely give 110%?[/quote]

Or jockeys asking hard questions of the horse

Jockey: Horse, what is the meaning of life?

Horse: Will you shut up, I'm trying to jump this fence

A

Anonymous

I don't think that UK market is served with a different CD player. This CD player is manufactured in China and from the pictures posted in both UK and Asian markets, they look same (front and back) and have same specifications.

Maybe some video products have different outputs in the backside (such as scart to serve specific UK/European markets).

A

Anonymous

Same model number, I'm sure it's the same player. Everyone knows that goods in the US and Middle East/Asia are much cheaper than they are in the UK, often half the price. It just goes to show how good these items really are if they can get such good reviews at twice the price. Then again, it also goes to emphasise just how much of a rip-off the UK is!

A

Anonymous

I purchased a CD 6002 from richersounds and i noticed the power cord it is a euro type connector and these have been fitted with a UK Style plug adaptor. Also when you buy marantz equipment in the uk the boxes are opened and resealed when they have these UK Plug adaptors fitted. So it seems there is no difference in product.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Wild Willy"]Same model number, I'm sure it's the same player. Everyone knows that goods in the US and Middle East/Asia are much cheaper than they are in the UK, often half the price. It just goes to show how good these items really are if they can get such good reviews at twice the price. Then again, it also goes to emphasise just how much of a rip-off the UK is![/quote]

Oh no - I seem to have strayed onto the Daily Mail website again.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Wild Willy"]Same model number, I'm sure it's the same player. Everyone knows that goods in the US and Middle East/Asia are much cheaper than they are in the UK, often half the price. It just goes to show how good these items really are if they can get such good reviews at twice the price. Then again, it also goes to emphasise just how much of a rip-off the UK is![/quote]

Oh no - I seem to have strayed onto the Daily Mail website again.
[/quote]

You're disputing fact?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Marantz is not make in UK so importer need to pay import tax, shipping cost etc etc.

I remember try to sell a pair of Thiel speakers which rrp in UK at £4,000 and one of the potential buyer said he saw the rrp for the same pair in USA for $4,000 (about £2,000) so I told him to fly over there and buy a pair!

You must be realistic guys! Naim which made in England are cheaper here than anywhere else! The SuperNait cost ?4,000 in many EU country! A pair of, again British Made, ProAc cost nearly twice as much in Thailand.

A

Anonymous

Exceptions to every rule Thaiman. You won't find many examples of goods that cost less in the UK than elsewhere - even items made in this country! :-/

A

Anonymous

yeah it is sad to say but England is the third most expensive country to live in in the world - thats fact! but then again, no-one is forcing anyone to stay here...

A

Anonymous

Let me also add here that Hong Kong and Singapore are also expensive cities to live.

But my original post was more about the great value of this CD player at such a low price in Asia.

Are there any other competitive CD players available at this price?

best

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts