Marantz at Manchester 2011?

matthewpiano

As yet Marantz don't appear on the exhibitors list for Manchester 2011. Are they really not attending? Their room has been one of the best in previous years and I was hoping they'd be showing the new 6004 components....

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Some manufacturers may be cutting back on the amount of shows they do. A show costs them a fortune, so I'm guessing one or two might be missing this year in favour of Bristol, which is a more popular show with better attendance.

matthewpiano said:
Us Northerners like our hi-fi too though and the show always seems well attended.

Likewise for us "soft southerners"
smiley-smile.gif

matthewpiano

Still some interesting brands there though. I'm particularly interested in seeing/hearing the offerings from Cyrus, Audiolab, Dali and Rega. The Naim rooms are always interesting even if I don't always like the sound in there.

Just a shame about the absence of 3 important brands.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Us Northerners like our hi-fi too though and the show always seems well attended.

The absence of Marantz did surprise me too, especially with a potentially popular new range coming out.

I've been the last couple of years and its always appeared well supported to me. I suppose I'll have to buy something from the Diverse Vinyl stall again :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've already been browsing the Diverse Vinyl catalogue - thinking of putting in a pre-order: may br cheaper than being seduced by the superb show selection!

A

Anonymous

Bought Blues and the Abstract Truth on the speakers corner label from them last year, one of best recordings I have. Very much looking forward to having a browse.

matthewpiano

CnoEvil said:
matthewpiano said:
The Naim rooms are always interesting even if I don't always like the sound in there.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Not at all. I found the sound quite unbearable from the Naim gear last year and ended up retreating back to the Focal room where Arcam CD37/A38 were playing quite beautifully through some Focal 806v speakers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
I've already been browsing the Diverse Vinyl catalogue - thinking of putting in a pre-order: may br cheaper than being seduced by the superb show selection!

I'm staying well away from the Diverse stand - I've spent a fortune on vinyl in the past few months! The trouble is, I have to resist in November as well when they attend our open evening!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Marantz.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.....

A new 6000 series line up out a month before a popular show (ok apparently not as popular as Bristol, but that is months off), and you decide not to show them off!!! :wall:

I really wanted to hear the new PM6004 too....maybe KEF will be borrowing Marantz equipment again to showcase their Q series?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure they will Pete - tried and tested...

Although, I think KEF will be concentrating more on their R series and Blade than the Q's this time round, unless they have multiple rooms.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Last year when I bought my Grado's they were offering a 10% discount, but am I wrong in thinking that most manufacturers on display will be offering discounts of some variety? Or is it possibly only those that Audio T stock?

matthewpiano

bigboss said:
Marantz is now listed on the show's website as an exhibitor: http://www.manchestershow.co.uk/ Since the show is exactly a month away, I'm sure Denon & Sony will follow suit soon.

This is great news. Icing on the cake for me. Big Marantz fan and really hoping to hear the 6004 components.

matthewpiano

bigboss said:
Marantz is now listed on the show's website as an exhibitor: http://www.manchestershow.co.uk/ Since the show is exactly a month away, I'm sure Denon & Sony will follow suit soon.

This is great news. Icing on the cake for me. Big Marantz fan and really hoping to hear the 6004 components.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'm working on a Manchester Show blog with details of all the exhibitors, what they'll be showing etc so as soon as I have all the info I'll publish it (probably in the next couple of days), then update it daily.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just had it confirmed that visitors to the Manchester show will be able to see and hear the Marantz CD6004 and PM6004 together in action - plus Marantz will be separately demonstrating its AirPlay-capable products

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts