Marantz 6004 with Rti A1 Speakers

TreatySteve

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi There,
I've got an RP1 (Elys 2 Needle) running on a Marantz PM6004 amp. I've got bookshelf speakers RTi A1's zi bought in Canada about 10yrs ago. We are doing a Reno on the house and I can run speaker cable. Was going to add floor stand speaker Dali 5s or 3040s. I've also looked at scrapping the amp and heading over to Sono's 5. But really lost. Know nothing about Hifi just like to listen to my vinyl on weekends and background music during the week. Will the 6004 run these speakers above(all 4 speakers). Also the Turntable is off to the side in a big room 7m x 7m (kitchen / living / dining) full bank of glass going out to patio. Any help much welcome.

I think you’re asking two questions:-
1. Will my Marantz 6004 cope with two pairs of speakers? (Answer, probably fine separately but may struggle with both at once. We need the spec of your RTi and your other choice)
2. How far can I run a cable from turntable to amp? (Ideally they should be nearby. How far would you like them to be?)

Am I getting warm? Can you be a bit more explicit with your query, please?

Reactions: Gray

TreatySteve

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi There,
Thanks a million for the reply. Your defo getting warm :)

Current Polk Audio Rti A1 Spec -

Ones Im looking at

The room size is 7m x 7m approx. (Kitchen / DIning / Lounge).

Ive an ecceletic vinyl collection played on the RP1. (Im the only one in the house that uses it). My wife and young kids stream spotify to a goole nest in the kitchen.
We are doing a reno and I can run speaker cable. Ceiling height is 9ft

1612104518072.png

Q1 - Should I use the current Marantz 6004 to drive 2 floor standing speakers. Far away speaker cable will be approx 10m length.
Q 2 - Are two floor standing Q Acoustic 3050i ran with the 6004 enough to fill the room. Not looking for melt your face Audio just good sound with massive volume.
Q3 - Should I upgrade the whole system (except the RP1) to 2 x Sonos 5 speaker.
Q4 - If I was to wall mount RTi A1's above the floor speakers would the amp be able to power them.
Q5 - Am I missing a trick here, either Ceiling speakers or wall mount or somehting I dont know about.

I really appreciate any help guys, I know its a mish mash of detail but Ive one gap in the fence and my wife is tentitively agreeing to this so Im nervous to get it right.

Thanks a mill

I certainly wouldn't position those speakers so far apart and in corners, you'll have no stereo effect to speak of.
Decide on a listening area first
I would not attempt to drive both pair of speakers at the same time with that amp.

TreatySteve

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
Thanks - I figured it was a bit too much. Listening area is really the entire room. Cooking / dining / relaxing. Is there a better way to spread the sound around the room. Is Sonos 5 at both ends a better option

TreatySteve

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't position those speakers so far apart and in corners, you'll have no stereo effect to speak of.
Decide on a listening area first
I would not attempt to drive both pair of speakers at the same time with that amp.

Thanks a million for coming back. The listening is going to be at the dinner table, cooking in kitchen and general use of the room. Hard to nail down an area (after more google I get how this causes an issue). Would like to stay with passive if I can. Any advice on speaker type and location would be fantastic.
Really appreciate any advice you can give.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts