Maranta NA6006 & MQA

James 1050

May 6, 2020
Visit site
For the last couple of years I have been streaming Tidal premium through a Marantz NA6006 audio streamer & Marantz PM 6003 amp, + paradigm speakers. It sounds great but am I missing out on the NA6006 not having MQA?

D

Deleted member 108165

Not got Tidal or heard MQA but many say that it's just another way of trying to part you with your hard earned cash for little or no improvement over basic CD quality.

Vincent Kars

The hardware part of MQA isn't very spectacular.
If the DAC reads the watermark embedded in the MQA file, it will apply minimum phase filtering and upsampling.
Your Marantz probably up-samples as well and employ some kind of filtering anyway.
Personally I'm not willing to invest to be able to listen to a lossy file format.
I rather switch to a streaming services delivering hires unaltered.

The hardware part of MQA isn't very spectacular.
If the DAC reads the watermark embedded in the MQA file, it will apply minimum phase filtering and upsampling.
Your Marantz probably up-samples as well and employ some kind of filtering anyway.
Personally I'm not willing to invest to be able to listen to a lossy file format.
I rather switch to a streaming services delivering hires unaltered.
if I was into streaming I think I would do the same, unless your broadband is so slow you need to receive the files in a compressed lossy format.

Reactions: James 1050

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts