Manufacturer refurbished Items. Worth it?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase a CA NP30 in the near future, and happen to come across Richer Sounds 'outlet' Ebay store, where I saw the NP30 for around £40 cheaper than their shops price, but it's a refurbished item.

Many companies still offer warranty, despite some not... however is it really worth purchasing these items for only a little less than a brand new model?

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this?

Thanks.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my factory reprocessed Mono X300's from Fanthorpes in Hull for £1600 less than their RRP. (£3400 instead of £5000).
They are spanking brand new and have a full 2 year manufacturers warranty.

Need I say more?

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just worry about why though... especially if its a product that hasn't been out that long, and if someone had previously owned it, what they had done (if anything) for it to be sent back to the manfacturer.

I'm not ruling out that electronic equipment does sometimes fail - even when purchased new, have experienced this on a couple of occasions with mobile phones, but never with high end audio equipment...

dibdab

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd have no problem buying manufacturers refurbished kit with a full warranty but would want more than £40 off to be honest.

A

Anonymous

I'd want (a) reasonable discount applied and (b) warranty same as when new. If its a manufacturer selling it, there's no reason why they shouldn't give you the full standard warranty if they are being sold "in as new" condition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts