Manchester Show

A

Anonymous

I'll be going on the Sunday. Still not sure whether to take little laddo with me. He'll be 2yrs 3mnth then. I don't know if it will hold his attention. If their showing Cars, Finding Nemo, Shaun The Sheep or Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs he'll be sorted.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No London show this year. The Manchester show is an evolution of the existing Practical Hi-fi show at the same location, but now with the same team behind it as the Bristol Show.

Loads more about the show in our dedicated blog.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just a reminder to everyone that it's the Manchester Show this weekend, and our van is heading up the M6 right now packed with our Award winners and all the hi-tech kit for our show demo. Come along and join us this weekend if you can at the Renaissance Hotel in the city centre. Full details in our Manchester Show blog.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'll be going but i have a few questions :-
1) can you pay by plastic at the door or will it be cash only.
2) anywhere to eat on or around the hotel.
3) if you leave the hotel, do you have to pay again to re-enter.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'll need to contact the organisers re payment and entry details (we don't run the show!); contact details - and info re local restaurants (of which there are plenty; plus in-hotel facilities) here

See you there!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's not the same sort of event, really - the Manchester Show will be far more like its Bristol Sound and Vision sibling; a hotel-based show crammed with demos of the latest hi-fi and AV. And run by a retailer, so lots to buy, too....

You can get a detailed look at who'll be showing what in our Manchester show preview

A

Anonymous

I'll be there. Saturday late morning. Really looking forward to it. Never been to a hi-fi type show before. And nice to see a show on in the north without me having to travel darn sarf.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I am attending this tomorrow with my brother, it should be good & can't wait :) Will PMC have the new F.A.C.T speakers on demo? I guess this a question for WHF team.

iburnell

Mar 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm going too

ps - Any chance of a decent hi-fi show in the South - now we have Bristol and Manchester - the London one in Hammersmith seemed to die a death...

A

Anonymous

Just got back from the show, saw some great stuff there, and nice to see the lovely Claire in person :D

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
mwjdavies:Just got back from the show, saw some great stuff there, and nice to see the lovely Claire in person :D

What about the lovely Andys?
emotion-2.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I spent far too much time in the Kef room watching and listening to the Fender Guitar tribute concert. Joe Walsh, Gary Moore and in particular Dave Gilmour sounded stunning.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:
mwjdavies:Just got back from the show, saw some great stuff there, and nice to see the lovely Claire in person :D

What about the lovely Andys?
emotion-2.gif

I was at the show this afternoon for about an hour & a half to two hours, & saw the lovely clare & angelina & dominic dawes at the snax bar, but i didn't see anybody called andy.

BTW i went round the whole show & i still haven't got a clue who the award winners were.

A

Anonymous

i was all set to go, had train tickets bought, on me ten days off perfect!!.was looking forward to get the awards mag. but ive gone and got the flu. tickets still on the side at £46 wasted. A couple of Qs : when is the next show and when can i get me hands on the awarwds mag.

A

Anonymous

The award winners were in that huge glass case behind where they were selling the mag & the TV's were lining the wall where you queued up for the demo.

Hey arent those little diamond wharfedale 10.1's nice? They looked and sounded great. £200 is a steal

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
barnsleydave:

Hey arent those little diamond wharfedale 10.1's nice? They looked and sounded great. £200 is a steal

Weren't they just. They looked sweet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts