Making connections for sky>amp>tv- no pass through on amp

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

I have the system below. All great.

Getting fed up with explaining the 3 remotes needed to power up, control volume and control volume to guests.

All my sources are connected via hdmi into the amp with 1 hdmi out of amp to plasma.

I would like to be able to switch on the tv and sky hd for everyday viewing with the amp switched off.

I would also like to obviously watch sky with Dolby digital and in hd.

There is no standby pass through on my amp.

Currently I have 1 hdmi going from sky box to lx82 and 1 hdmi going to Panasonic plasma.

Am I right in thinking the easiest work around is to run another hdmi from sky box directly to tv hdmi 2 leaving the optical connected to amp for 5.1 audio.

This would mean selecting hdmi 1 on tv for apple tv, blu ray & x box 360 and assigning hdmi 2 for everyday viewing with sky going directly to the tv and optical going to amp.

Sorry searched for threads like this but couldn't find any relevant!!

Thanks

John

daveh75

john1000000boy said:
Getting fed up with explaining the 3 remotes needed to power up, control volume and control volume to guests.

A Harmony (or similar) remote with activities setup would alleviate that, and probably the best VFM upgrade for any A/V system

Am I right in thinking the easiest work around is to run another hdmi from sky box directly to tv hdmi 2 leaving the optical connected to amp for 5.1 audio.

Yes.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies. Will go and pinch a shot of parents windows laptop. Xsight touch was a sub freebee with the magazine.

Sky remote dying a slow death by 1yr old son who is mad about it. It may need to be sacraficed to save others!!!

Had a play around with hdmis last night and hdmi 1 &2 on plasma seem to be the best and easiest options.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts