mains supply

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]I contest the effect of tomatoes on a beef casserole.[/quote]

The secret is to put them in not too early and not too late. 3 whole ripe tomatoes quartered, then quartered again and put in an hour before you serve. Perfect!

Just realised this was my thousandth post!
emotion-19.gif

All those posts of (generally) helpful advice and it turns out to be about casserole.
emotion-43.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No garlic in my casserole, no way hosé! Leave that to the la de da types, this is proper British beef and onions! Quite excited about it actually. How often do you get to have casserole for lunch, on a work day?! Got friends coming round as well - it's turning into a bit of an "event"!

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]I contest the effect of tomatoes on a beef casserole.[/quote]

no no no!! its the beef that effects the tomatoes......your all turned round on this one...........plus you need to account for the thicknees of the tomatoes skin...........:)

John Duncan

Current flowing through a wire (a mains cable, for example) creates a magnetic field around that wire. Pass a conductor (a speaker cable, say) through a magnetic field and it is possible to induce a current in that conductor. A stereo makes noise by passing a current through speaker wire, as far as I remember. How noticeable this would be is another matter, which is why I said "perhaps", but I'll just leave it there and let the OP decide for himself, rather than giving him an unsupported "nope".

Now, about this casserole - what stock are you using?

John Duncan

[quote user="professorhat"]Ooo, a nice beef stock with some red wine. It's been bubbling away for about 2.5 hours now so perfect. It's literally on the back burner till my friends arrive.[/quote]

And we don't count as your friends, clearly..........

John Duncan

[quote user="professorhat"]Well, it would be lovely to have to have you all over, but I'd have to keep an eye on my mains cables...
emotion-4.gif
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd be rearranging them in a litz configuration........

"but John, that's the toaster........"

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Current flowing through a wire (a mains cable, for example) creates a magnetic field around that wire. Pass a conductor (a speaker cable, say) through a magnetic field and it is possible to induce a current in that conductor. A stereo makes noise by passing a current through speaker wire, as far as I remember. How noticeable this would be is another matter, which is why I said "perhaps", but I'll just leave it there and let the OP decide for himself, rather than giving him an unsupported "nope".[/quote]

Ah, but he was looking for an definitive answer, or he wouldn't have asked, not a pile of maybes based on fuzzy memories of a science class.

If he had asked about low level signal wires the answer would then have been "possibly" but as he was talking speaker wires I'll agree with "nope".
emotion-40.gif

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]Ooo, a nice beef stock with some red wine. It's been bubbling away for about 2.5 hours now so perfect. It's literally on the back burner till my friends arrive.[/quote]

Can I do your cable dressing? Bear in mind they all should cross at right angles or not touch at all.
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts