Mains Supply advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering upgrading the mains supply for my av system, was planning on the tacima 6 way block and have found some merlin tarantula and qed qonduit at a decent price ie: around 40pounds.

the question is not if they will effect the sound in general, as that may have been asked a million times, but is a case sensitive question of wheter or not my set up will benefit from changing to such mains. and which is best with my setup. and where should i start from AMP, PS3 or Sub

I use the system for both Music and Movies, any suggestions welcome

Messiah

Bit of a generic answer but why not try them on each bit of equipment as see what you think it has the best impact on.

I
have read a few threads on this and some people recommend it for
different parts of their system. So I think it will be best for you to
decide......

In case this does not really help then go for the Amp......(just picked at random
emotion-1.gif
)

(sorry for how that's turned out......grrrr - have to refresh to get it to post.)

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
xon501:
I am considering upgrading the mains supply for my av system, was planning on the tacima 6 way block and have found some merlin tarantula and qed qonduit at a decent price ie: around 40pounds.

the question is not if they will effect the sound in general, as that may have been asked a million times, but is a case sensitive question of wheter or not my set up will benefit from changing to such mains. and which is best with my setup. and where should i start from AMP, PS3 or Sub

I use the system for both Music and Movies, any suggestions welcome

Firstly, I'd say if you're willing to pay around £40 for mains cables, then both the Clearer Audio Copper-line Alpha (£35) and Chord SuperScreen (can be had for £54 online) are highly recommended by WHF. I use both along with the Tacima CS929, and the results are beyond brilliant.

Like you, I have the Denon 1910, and plugging this with the SuperScreen into the Tacima made an instantly noticeable difference - it sounds clearer, punchier and far less cluttered. Both my Blu-ray and TV are connected via Alphas to the Tacima, and produce equally impressive results.

Best of all, cables such as the Alphas have a money-back guarantee, so grab yourself a few of these, and see if you notice/like the difference. If not, just send 'em back!

EDIT: I know many believe amps shouldn't be plugged into mains conditioners, but I've done a fair bit of testing in my system and I can't discern any deterioration in dynamics, or whatever its said the issues can be.

A

Anonymous

The problem is i live in malta and haven't found nor copper alpha nor, superscreen for that price range.

And that is my point the sound in music is a little cluttered, was worse when i had my speakers toed in, but after straightning them it went better, but thanks for confirming there is a difference in the upgrade.

A

Anonymous

You will not find any kind of power chords other than the cheapo kind in malta, so ebay/internet is the only source, if any advise from where to find any good chords online, pls just tell.

A

Anonymous

So After Searching all around these are the 3 Options Left.

1) Qed Qonduit 40pounds

2) Ecosse the Big Orange 40pounds

3) Merlin Tarantula 25-40pounds

Any thoughts which will best fit to my system, thx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts