Mains leads??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive just orderd myself a copperline mains lead, im sceptical as too what difference this will make so here goes ill report back with my findings in a few days!

OOHH yes CDP or AMP??? any views on where the biggest gains might be had

A

Anonymous

I have found the effect to be more pronounced on the amp than on the CDP.

I have only tried two mains leads, both from PS Audio. One retailing for GBP 30 and the other one for 70.

And I actually liked better the cheapest one! The most expensive actually had a greater effect on sound, lowering considerably the noise floor, improving low level detail and providing better layering and stereo imaging; but at the same time the sound became colder, bass was sucked out, and dynamics suffered.

I have had similar results with power conditioners. I think that by filtering the electricity they also filter some music too!

A

Anonymous

Plug it into the 875, and whilst you are at it buy a tacima block.

Takes away the muddyness in the sound, music will feel much more alive.

A

Anonymous

I use one of these little pups for my mains seems to do a good job!
http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_detail.process?Product_Id=159497

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
garethwd:Ive just orderd myself a copperline mains lead, im sceptical as too what difference this will make so here goes ill report back with my findings in a few

days!

OOHH yes CDP or AMP??? any views on where the biggest gains might be had

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for purchasing a Copper-line Power Cable - I hope you will be impressed with it.

Usually the most significant improvements are gained from source downwards (i.e., in your case CD player then amplifier). However it is worth experimenting as you may find more significant or preferable improvements with the power cable on your amplifier rather than your CD player.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Darren

A

Anonymous

trevor79:Plug it into the 875, and whilst you are at it buy a tacima block.

The Tacima is a good idea, cheap and good protection. Won't change the sound one iota, but if it feels good......

Sliced Bread

Grimly Fiendish:
trevor79:Plug it into the 875, and whilst you are at it buy a tacima block.

The Tacima is a good idea, cheap and good protection. Won't change the sound one iota, but if it feels good......

have to disagree. The Tacima made a difference to my Onkyo 905. Def worht the price in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts