Magnetic tone......

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Does the magnetic tone you get on disc cleaners work? you know the tone, the one that stops magnitism that can build up in cables and circuit boards that you play after every 50hrs of play.

While I must confess - I use it, when ever I clean the laser in my CD player - its on the disc, do any of you or do you dismiss it along with fancy cables, squash balls etc.....

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the Densen Demagic CD, and it seems to clean up the higher frequencies. Less noise, more detail. No discernible difference in bass.

I noticed it much more in my old system than my current system. In my current system I'm beginning to question whether it does anything, or whether I was just fooling myself all along, but I've never really listened out for it too much or compared the same track before and after.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
lol...... Ilisten too, but it makes no difference to my ears - my system is pretty quite, no hiss, probably cause I use that magnetic tone after every 50hrs. glad I'm not the only one.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my old amp had pretty sensitive speakers and you could hear a hiss as times. My current system is very "black"

A

Anonymous

You have to be kidding? can anyone explain to me how this actually works?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
lol... ok let me say I am not trying to court contraversy.

I have just cleaned the heads on my CD player and ran the magnetic tone provided on the disc, honestly - it does sound better than it did yesterday, I swear it sounds fuller. it was a dry clean I choose not to use the cleaning soloution.

The bass sounds more....... lol

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
lol... ok let me say I am not trying to court contraversy.

I have just cleaned the heads on my CD player and ran the magnetic tone provided on the disc, honestly - it does sound better than it did yesterday, I swear it sounds fuller. it was a dry clean I choose not to use the cleaning soloution.

The bass sounds more....... lol

CD players don't have heads, they have (frickin') lasers, tape players have heads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts