Made me giggle...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I see examples of that several times a week. Think what grieves me the most though is that while fools and their money are easily parted, they do seem to have a huge stash of it to start with.

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
as a chemist and an engineer i am open to a lot of the more esoteric ideas that come up in endless discussions here. I can to some degree see logic in the science, even if I highly doubt it would result in any kind of audible difference. For example I use a tacima filter on a sensitive tensile testing machine in the lab I work in because we seem to be having a lot of mains interference recently. It definitely works, there is about a 10 fold decrease in baseline noise in our experiments with the filter in place. Whether this translates to any audible difference in a hifi set up I cannot say.

Anyway, I'm rambling, the best one I have heard of recently is freezing your cds before playing them, the mind boggles.....

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
It's an April fools gag. The really funny thing is that if it weren't a joke, quite a few people would buy it and plenty of this type of thing does actually sell.

I said funny, actually I meant sad.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
stavvy said:
as a chemist and an engineer i am open to a lot of the more esoteric ideas that come up in endless discussions here. I can to some degree see logic in the science, even if I highly doubt it would result in any kind of audible difference. For example I use a tacima filter on a sensitive tensile testing machine in the lab I work in because we seem to be having a lot of mains interference recently. It definitely works, there is about a 10 fold decrease in baseline noise in our experiments with the filter in place. Whether this translates to any audible difference in a hifi set up I cannot say.

This is a good point, and I am afraid used a lot in questionable product advertising. Recent ASA rulings have unfortunately allowed this through. Something along the lines of 'a significant reduction in RF by using the whizzbang mains cable' . The claim may well be true, but has no effect on the audio output of the amp.

TRENDING THREADS