MADE in CHINA!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Companies like panasonic, sony, marantz etc now all seem to be manufacturing from their china base.....whats the quality of the products as may be experienced? As some of the sales people lay particular stress about products made in japan etc.Its too dicouraging as a customer as one have a lot of faith in a company like panasonic or sony. This question always leave a doubt in the mind when one goes out there to purchase! This needs to be settled once and for all...................

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Relatively little consumer electronics equipment is made in Japan these days. It's just too expensive to do so.

But there are no quality issues with products made in other countries, in my experience.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I second that - i've seen incredible-quality kit being made in China.

In fact the piece of kit we've criticised most recently for quality (poor fit and finish etc) was made in...Britain.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Actually I think that was "of" China.

Bet it has a shattering bass response though - I don't fancy its chances with 1000 watts of 50hz stuff!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Alsone"]I don't fancy its chances with 1000 watts of 50hz stuff![/quote] I think its resonance would be higher than that. Must say it would fit in with most peoples decor a bit better than a wooden box though.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
A subwoofer, made in china

[/quote]

Our local hospital's just ordered 100 of these beauties for the Mens Ward-Notice the flatter more rounded shape at the bottom to prevent it from toppling over

John Duncan

[quote user="Tallyho"]

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
A subwoofer, made in china

[/quote]

Our local hospital's just ordered 100 of these beauties for the Mens Ward-Notice the flatter more rounded shape at the bottom to prevent it from toppling over
[/quote]

They're made by Bed-Panasonic, I believe.

gregch

Nov 9, 2004
Visit site
As old-fashioned as it sounds, one of the factors that contributed to our decision to buy a Pioneer plasma was that (incredibly) it's made in the UK, rather than China - and Claire the quality seems fine so far!

I'm not saying it was the main factor, that was the picture quality, but it was a contributory factor.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gregch"](incredibly) it's made in the UK, rather than China[/quote]

Not just made in England, but made in Yorkshuh AFAIK

emotion-2.gif
(Damn, no smiley face with a cloth cap on...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts