Mac users and Hi Fi

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi , I just received my first IMac , Do you have any tips how to get best sond quality out of mac please ? is it possible to play flac , 24/96 files ? if yes what program should I download ? I am going to connect it with my rega set up , usb -vlink -rega dac ...

thank you very much for responses

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I use a program called Puremusic that piggybacks onto iTunes.

More help on how to set up your Options:

http://www.audioquest.com/pdfs/CA-Setup-Guide.pdf

pgoody

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Stream to your SBT and use optical to Rega DAC. This will have the best SQ. If you want to use your IMac as a (physically connected) source use the optical out and go directly into the DAC.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
USB out to the V-Link, optical or co-ax to the DAC.

I use Audirvana+, use hog/integer mode if supported by your hardware and OS version.

Worth experimenting with upsampling to see whether native 16/44 or upsampled 24/96 sounds better.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using usb-v link -dac , but I am thinking of buying Avi Adm 9T red spot , in that case I would use headphones spidf out to Avi's dac . But how to involve headphones than ? another box? usb headphone amp ? :?

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the last poster. 1st try this and don't skip the analog output of the Airport Express! Although it has no golden knobs or armed metal casework, it is far better then considered by most! To me FLAC-files and 24/96 files are very overestimated. Enjoy the music 1st.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts