Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 adversely affecting Chord QuteHD driver...

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my Mac to Mavericks 10.9.

All was good until I realized that my Mac wasn't detecting the Chord QuteHD, reinstalled the driver, still no luck...

Looked on the internet, and there have been a few topics suggesting the same...

Chord recently annonced on facebook that yes, there is a problem.

Now, my question is...

Has anyone found a work around? Or is there a better idea of running Audirvana to use the DAC?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've no answer but looking at how you've misspelled 'announced' with the result that it got edited as an expletive has cheered-up my early Monday morning and made me snigger in a 10-year-old-boy kind of way.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My Mac mini sits on my hifi rack next to my DAC, it's only used to store music and it work flawlessly with the Remote app, I have upgraded my MacBook to Mavericks - think I will leave the Mini as it is.

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
My Mac mini sits on my hifi rack next to my DAC, it's only used to store music and it work flawlessly with the Remote app, I have upgraded my MacBook to Mavericks - think I will leave the Mini as it is.

Just bought myself a Mac mini SSD, but unfortunately it's shipped with Mavericks!

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Had been on the phone with Apple... And they said the driver software doesn't seem to be compliant with the SDK that Apple released 4 months ago at the WWDC... Maybe they've just upgraded it, who knows, but if there's a bug in the OS, the population affected is going to be relatively small for Apple to take this seriously... I mean I really wonder how many people have called up Apple Care saying "My DAC driver is not working after upgrading to Mavericks" and them going... "OK, what is a DAC, is it a printer?!" That's literally what happened with me haha! :D

Hope Chord can give some direction as to how to get it working!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
home_U2,

Ok fella as I understand it you need a driver to run the Chord DAC? The Chord DAC isnt plug and play?

If so it seems Chord have taken a shortcut with Mac OS X, IMO this is up to Chord to rectify.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts